Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Shimano xtr 11 speed vs Sram GX AXS
  • Premier Icon endurogangster
    Free Member

Looking at gearing for my new full sus frame. I already have a brand new 11 speed xtr set that I bought but never used think the cassette is 11-46t but the new GX AXS tickles my fancy, probably with a sunrace cassette so I don’t have to buy a new freehub. which one will offer the best shifting and relatively low maintence?

Premier Icon teethgrinder

I moved from XX1 mechanEagle to GX AXS just because I couldn’t be bothered to change a cable.

It’s cool AF, a piece of piss to fit and works without issue. There was nothing wrong with the XX1 kit, just fancied a change.

Premier Icon lawman91

I’d go GX AXS personally, I’ve been on it since release day and it is chuffing good. I rode everyday in April and only had to recharge the battery at the end of the month. Very smooth and consistent, plus you’ll never have to replace a gear cable again! The add-on rocker paddle upgrade is worth going for too I found.

I really didn’t get on Shimano’s 11-speed stuff (or SRAM’s for that matter!) everything I tried just felt cheap and nasty compared to 10-speed that went before, but the 12-speed mechanical SRAM has been spot on for me and AXS is on another level.

Premier Icon Yetiman
    Free Member

11sp XTR is a great drivetrain and I’ve never had any problems maintaining my XT/XTR set-up or had any shifting worries, but if you fancy giving AXS a go I would do it now as you’ll get a decent price for the XTR stuff.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.