Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shimano XT Shifter pod windows – what screw size to hold em on?
  • kevin1911

Does anyone happen to know what size of screw I need to re-fit the shifter windows onto my 2010 XT shifters? There seem to be 2 holes for 2 screws, but I only seem to have 1.

They seem tiny, so hopefully they can be bought as spares.

K

honourablegeorge

Can I ask – why would you bother refitting them? They’re utterly useless.

kevin1911

I find them quite useful to work out what gear I’m in.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’ve probably got a couple of spare ones somewhere. Send me an email on matthew@screamingjaffa.co.uk and I’ll see what I can do.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

try somewhere that might remove said gear windows. like a local bike shop? 😮 just a thought, like…

tragically1969
    Free Member

I find them quite useful to work out what gear I’m in

That’s what your legs are for….

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I find them quite useful to work out what gear I’m in.

To hard?

Change down..

To easy?

Change up?

😉

Freester

You used the other screw to hold the cover that replaced the indicator pod. Or is that the only one you have left?

kevin1911

Thanks for the tips on using gears folks 🙄

Freester, yep, that’s the only one I have left. The other seems to have disappeared into the black hole in my garage where all bolts and screws go.

kilo

no idea what size the screw is but the smallest screw I’ve found reguarly used on bikes is the grub screw on replaceable brake pads on road bikes if you’ve one to hand to try(fits all sorts of odd things; gaerne shoe clasps)

Mugboo

I’ve removed my SLX windows, if you want the screws my email is in my profile

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shimano XT Shifter pod windows – what screw size to hold em on?’ is closed to new replies.