Shimano XT HG-X Chain Only

Home Forum Bike Forum Shimano XT HG-X Chain Only

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shimano XT HG-X Chain Only
  • Premier Icon somouk
    Subscriber

Evening All,

I managed to snap a chain a few days ago and went ahead with a replacement from SRAM as I’ve never had any issues with theirs in the past.

I’ve been suffering some slipping tonight when loading up the pedals and when inspecting the cranks for broken teeth etc to explain it I noticed it says on the chain ring HG-X chain only.

Should I be worried I’ve used the wrong chain? Am I going to always have issues or is it most likely just my worn chain ring causing the issues?

Cheers,
    Mart

bikeneil

I only use Sram or KMC chains and Shimano everything else. No problems heres. Is your cassette/chainrings worn?

robarnold

It’ll be a wear issue with your chain rings. Fish the old chain out of the bin, take out the broken link and rejoin it with a KMC split link. Save your new chain for when you get new rings and cassette

Premier Icon somouk
    Subscriber

Looking at the chain rings there doesn’t seem to be too much of an issue.

They also seem to be mega expensive to replace! No slipping at all on the rear cassette, just the front 38t on the 2 x 10.

I’ll see if I can find some new rings cheaper as the chain that snapped went in the bin at the trail centre.

robarnold

I’ll see if I can find some new rings cheaper as the chain that snapped went in the bin at the trail centre

FACEPALM

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

Far more likely to be the cassette than the chainrings.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shimano XT HG-X Chain Only’ is closed to new replies.