Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Shimano SLX crank arm bent.
  • passtherizla
    Free Member

Done all the usually searches but can’t find anything.

Had a crash yesterday that’s left my non drive side crank bent out wards. A lot.

Anyone know if this part is available on its own?

mechanised

Best bet is to look at the Shimano tech docs and find the part number, I’m sure when I looked a while back the NDS arm is available separately. Google that part number should get you some hits.

If you’ve damaged the spline part of the crank shaft then you’re in trouble, as the shaft and DS arm are one part and it’s cheaper to buy a whole new crank, which is what I had to do.

neilwheel
    Free Member

You can get them as a special order to LBS, probably not much difference in cost for the set online though.

andyl
    Free Member

I think Ribble had them cheap recently. Worth checking.

Buy a new set and keep the okay one as a spare or stick on ebay as people are often looking for replacement ones. If you sell the rings too it will cost you a fraction of what a single arm would.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Thanks I’ll get looking through the tech docs, don”t think the spline is damaged but thats merely through hopeful thinking rather than having actually checked.

hora
    Free Member

What sort of ‘crash’? I’d expect them to put up with a fair few crashes. I also have the latest SLX- if they ‘broke’ I’d be asking questions.

You can get them as a special order to LBS, probably not much difference in cost for the set online though.

My non-driveside older Saint crank needed replacing. Think a generic (XT etc) was £80 for an arm. I decided to buy a new crankset- the SLX.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Would you expect xt to take more crashes than slx?Should xtr take less?Does it state in the warranty how much you are allowed to crash them?

passtherizla
    Free Member

A bloody great crash from in the air and landed square on the peddle bending the whole lot up and out….

Aren’t any questions to ask are there? Apart from where the **** is my DH bike!!!?!?!?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Shimano SLX crank arm bent.’ is closed to new replies.