Shimano shoe spares – need a new ratchet buckle for some M183's

Home Forum Bike Forum Shimano shoe spares – need a new ratchet buckle for some M183's

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano shoe spares – need a new ratchet buckle for some M183's
  • The tension spring in one of the buckles on my M183 shoes has broken and I am in need of a replacement.

My Google-Fu appears to weak this morning and has turned up nothing specific for this shoe.

Anyone know where I can get one? (Mister P to the forum….. 😉 Ta in advance!

allthepies

Still works though doesn’t it ? My shoes rattle like a good-un where the spring has broken, the ratchet still works fine however.

Still works though doesn’t it ?

Well, yes, kinda – and yes, the rattle is tres annoying, hence the need for a fix.

A little more Googling suggests there is a universal buckle set that fits this shoe…. but only in grey and white.

ojom

Morning.
    It seems the code you need is SHUNISBS and it is a silver set of buckles and straps. The black seem to be out of stock.

Thanks TBC – is that ‘black is out of stock and we have some again soon’, or ‘black is out of stock and may never be seen again’? As above, the silver set may look a bit odd.

allthepies

Yes, the rattle is annoying I agree 🙂

£18 for a fix, hmmmmm not too bad I guess. I can see how to replace the buckle no problems as they screw into the shoe, the strap however looks a trickier beast.

the strap however looks a trickier beast

IIRC, the strap just pushes out of the holder attached to the shoe. The tension in the strap holds it in when it is done up. It’s a doddle to change.

allthepies

bristolbiker wrote:

the strap however looks a trickier beast
    IIRC, the strap just pushes out of the holder attached to the shoe. The tension in the strap holds it in when it is done up. It’s a doddle to change.

Ah yes, I see. Had visions of replacing the holder part also, I now see that remains in situ and the strap just snaps in place.

ojom

Actually SHM315BS is a silver and black set in stock at Madison.

There is a black and gold too but all black seems to be unavailable – auto re-directs to the silver set

OK – thanks TBC.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano shoe spares – need a new ratchet buckle for some M183's’ is closed to new replies.