Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Shimano Shifter to Formula Brake Solution
  • stayhigh

Morning All,

Does anyone know if there is a way to match a Shimano ispec 2 shifter to a Formula brake lever please?

akira

Best bet is problem solvers website.

otsdr
    Free Member

Assuming the shifter is one of SL-M9000-I | SL-M8000-I | SL-M7000-I, I think you should be able to convert both the brake and the shifter to the SRAM Matchmaker standard using these two kits together (both are available as pairs as well, if you have 2 shifters):
    Problem Solvers MisMatch 2.2: https://r2-bike.com/PROBLEM-SOLVERS-MisMatch-Adapter-22-right-hand-Shimano-I-Spec-II-Shifter-for-SRAM-Avid-Brake
    Formula Mixmaster Matchmaker: https://r2-bike.com/FORMULA-Mixmaster-Matchmaker-C1-CR1-CR3-Cura-single-right

L.E. Scratch that, the ProblemSolvers kit goes straight to the SRAM brake clamp, so it won’t work on the Formula Matchmaker adaptor.

philstone

I spent a lot of time on this a few years ago – in the end gave up – Formula weren’t interested in an iSpec 2 and Matchmaker hadn’t made one yet – although they were working on it, there still wasnt one when I checked 6 months ago.

lewzz10
    Free Member

I have heard that Magura and Hope bar clamps work fine with Formula brakes, though have not tried this myself (I bought the i-spec B shifter)

Northwind

lewzz10
    Subscriber

I have heard that Magura and Hope bar clamps work fine with Formula brakes, though have not tried this myself

Formula have a couple of different clamp shapes

philstone

Northwind
    Formula have a couple of different clamp shapes

But not iSpec 2..

Northwind

Yep- what I meant was that there are Magura and Hopes that may work with some Formulas, but that doesn’t mean they work with all

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Shifter to Formula Brake Solution’ is closed to new replies.