Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Shimano RS685 Road Disc Brake's
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

I’m tempted to fit a set of these to my Whyte Saxon CX (Currently Sram Apex 10spd/TRP HyRd) but I’m a bit confused as to what extra bits I’ll need.
    I’m thinking front and rear mechs, cassette, but will I need to change the chainset (FSA Gossamer CX 46/36) or will it work OK with the Shimano 11 spd?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Anyone?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Jamie will tell you all about them once he’s stopped sulking about not posting the first reply.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

My last bike was a Kinesis cross bike with HyRd, these are worlds a part,modulation/stopping power are off the chart and the hoods are the comfiest I have used. Run a single thick thin up front, 11 speed chain and cassette, that’s it.

Dibbs
    Free Member

The single chainring wouldn’t work on my commute, 800ft, 17% (in places) climb in the first 3 miles then 10 miles of downhill/flat.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

40 x 11, you will do well spinning that out for ten miles, as for the first 3 miles, you need to grow some (40 x 28 easy) 😯 😀

Pooley
    Free Member

Mate, I’ve sent you a FB msg. I’ve done what you’re considering. Works well. Great brakes, can now go MTBing on my crosser without dying!

Dibbs
    Free Member

Thanks mate, I’m at work, I was going to say see you in the morning but it looks like you’re not in again. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Shimano RS685 Road Disc Brake's’ is closed to new replies.