Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • shimano mw7 sizing
  • cocker
    Free Member

just wandering how these are size wise?
    i’m normally 45 in cycling shoes ,but my last bontrager winter boots felt like i should have sized up
    thanks

Sui
    Free Member

dont size up, they are generous.

fossy

I size up 1 from normal shoes anyway, but they are the same size cycling shoe.

thepurist

I got MW7s in my normal shoe size and there’s ample room for thick socks in there. Remember there’s 20% off at Freewheel from the member’s discount page too.

ads678

I’ve got mw5’s in my normal shoe size and they’re perfect.

cocker
    Free Member

thanks for your replies

steveadorjan
    Free Member

Trying to revive this thread: Could anyone compare the new, BOA-equipped Shimano MW7 winter shoes with the old Shimano MW81 in terms of sizing and fit? From what I’ve read, the MW7 runs larger and one should size down compared to the MW81. But I’ve also read a few comments here and there that the MW7 still runs small/narrow as most Shimano shoes.

For reference, I wear US 9 street shoes, US 9 or 9.5 (mostly 9.5) sneakers, Specialized EUR 43 and EUR 44 in the Shimano MW81. So I wonder if I should try my luck with the MW7 in EUR 43?

burnside
    Free Member

I’ve got some. I have several pairs of Shimano 44 road shoes that fit perfectly and the MW7s in a 44 are big. I’ve got to wind the dial in pretty much as far as they’ll go and they just about feel at that point like my feet aren’t going to slide about in them.

They’re so warm that I don’t need thick socks in them to provide a bit of volume: I actually think 43s would have been better for me. My feet are not particularly narrow and if anything slightly on the wide side. I generally rock a 9.5 in walking-about shoes.

steveadorjan
    Free Member

Thanks! I’ve just ordered a pair in 43. Keeping fingers (well, toes :)) crossed they will fit

sheck

Where did you find stock?

steveadorjan
    Free Member

Bike24 had 3 pairs of size 43 this morning (it’s sold out by now, but they have other sizes still available).

vmgscot

I went from MW80 to MW7 and I find the 7’s roomier for same size (47 barges).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘shimano mw7 sizing’ is closed to new replies.