• This topic has 52 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by kneed.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Shimano mw5 or mw7 winter boots
  • zeesaffa
    Free Member

New pair of MW7s delivered this weekend.

Does anyone else have this little gap even after tightening? Seems like the velcro flap needs to be bigger or water is surely going to leak in??

Either that, or I have very fat ankles! (I don’t)

C3C578B1-9065-4E57-BCF6-AB21F7C5D5E4

tails
    Free Member

Anyone got the new GR701 Shimano shoes?

teamslug
    Free Member

Mine are like the zeesafa. Not noticed any water getting in and I rode thru a mahoosive muddy puddle yesterday which soaked my trousers too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    carlos
    Free Member

@Oscillate Wildly

bugger ive just got the mw7 with the boa and they fit me like a glove in 44, real comfy…..bugger ive not had the boa before, I like the idea of no soggy wet soaking laces, but in reality sounds like its up to the job of winter shit!

Hi mate, hope you all good with your posh forks and shock👍

how you finding the mw7’s? In after some new winter boots and looking at these. Got a couple of other options, but I know youll do a real review

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Hey mate all good thanks you know I like nice new shiny shiny 😉

Mw7 are spot on, cannot fault them mate having owned pretty much the same as you throughout the years

These are the best, they are plenty warm enough, the boa dial is great on it and consistently works come grit mud or otherwise

We’ve not had the coldest of winters but I’ve been out in the in minus conditions with loads of water around still and never thought about them at all

Got a michelin rubber soul which makes walking much better, more so for you when up lakes etc

They’ve kept the rain out bar one ride I did after an absolute storm the night before and riding through Hayfield area was like a constant river on most descents, which I don’t think anything would have survived the deluge

Also you run trousers where as Ive still not managed find any, so with trousers I’d imagine almost perfect with no chance of water running down the legs

Really comfy too plenty of space DON’T size up they are massive I had to send one pair back and just got my normal size and there’s plenty of space still for waterproof socks or thick merino

Had em 2 months now in nothing but shit weather and can’t find any faults with them, and still all bits in tact everywhere

I ordered a spare set of boa dials (free) just incase I snap one but theyve worked no problems at all

Genuinely would give them 10 out 10 hopefully they just last now

trailwagger
    Free Member

In the market for winter boots and considering the Shimano ones. Can anyone comment on the stiffness though?

ads678

I’ve been using the MW5’s for a couple of months and they’ve been great. I’ve been using them for commuting on and off road and they’re plenty stiff enough for me.

codybrennan
    Free Member

MW7s here (2 months old). Definitely stiff enough for getting the power down. Pretty good all round I would say.

carlos
    Free Member

@OW – lol, you and Garry both like shiny things.

Nice one on the reply, you should write a blog/reviews on kit

As it’s so shit out today, I’ll start looking for deals. Not desperate as boots I have will see out this year, but everyone loves a bargain right.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Like several bike related things of desire, I keep looking at those PX WWII submarines for £70 and going… Hmmm, maybe (but then never pull the trigger).

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

@carlos yep I doubt even you will be venturing out in this today 😜

Always wheeler dealing to swap buy/sell stuff but always like shiny shiny

If you can get them anywhere near a 100 quid in summer I’d say a bargain and get them, I’d pay full price for them again no questions asked

Only thing I can’t comment on is long term, but 2 solid months of shit and still like new wear wise

They are a big big improvement over the mw90 we used to use and way more wearable all day over the northwave, comfier and the sole is grippy rubber so almost (not quite) like wearing a trainer, they don’t feel awful and clumpy like most I’ve had

carlos
    Free Member

Well hoping my current boots will last this year has gone out of the window. The neoprene has come away from another part of the boot where stitching has failed/rotted and it let’s water in like a flood gate🙄🙄.

So, I normally take a size 8, but according to which site you buy from they state a uk 8 is either a 42 or 43. Will prob get a 43 so looking for a better deal than Tredz @ £149

Anyone know of any better deals??

Tia
    Carlos

kneed

£138 + either £6 or free delivery from Germany (I cant remember the free criteria – and I’ve got other stuff in my basket at the moment so for me its free!):

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/shimano-sh-mw7-gore-tex-r-mtb-winter-shoes-798358?currency=3&delivery_country=190

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Shimano mw5 or mw7 winter boots’ is closed to new replies.