Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SHimano Mo86 shoes – studs?
  • transapp
    Free Member

Looking to get a pair of these due to the great write ups. Looking at them, they should have the ability to screw in some studs for better traction, however reading this, it makes me think that actually, they don’t.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15393838

Does anyone have any experiance?

strackbaz
    Free Member

Hi Transapp,

I’ve had the MO86 for the few years and it’s a fantastic shoe. It has two very small red studs at the front and initially thought they can be unscrewed to fit longers studs….this wasn’t the case. They are fixed to the sole of the shoe. TBH I haven’t had any grip issues with them so it hasn’t bothered me.

I don’t think you’ll find a new pair of these any longer as they’ve been replaced with the MO87. CRC has a special on them at the moment, I’m sure they’re around £45.

transapp
    Free Member

Ah, OK, well I guess if I want a summer shoe, then the lack of studs won’t be a massive problem.
    I don’t really like the look of the M087’s (slippy looking sole on it, although they’re not the gopping gold colour of the 86’s!), so I’ve found a couple of places with stock left in my size. I think I’ll grab a pair and wait for the warm spring days to arrive.
    Thanks for the input.

hofnar
    Free Member

M086 also came in black and white once borrowed a pair for the day they where great though they seem to have stopped selling them already quite a while ago newer colours and the m087 just look horrible

jwmlee
    Free Member

I have a pair of these. Really great shoes if a little on the heavy side. No grip issues with them. I ride a really steep section of Baildon Moor – boggy, slippery clay. Grip problems have only come from my tyres! One reservation on the shoes – after many wet rides they smell like a wet cat. Suspect this happens with most shoes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SHimano Mo86 shoes – studs?’ is closed to new replies.