Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano ME7 fit vs AM, for wide feet
  • luket

My AM9s are not lasting all that well. About to go in a couple of places including the top strap. So I’m thinking maybe the ME7s with the ratchet may be for me. I have perhaps also been asking too much of the strap so something that’s designed to be done up more securely might be more appropriate.

However, I went for AM9s in part because shoes like that tend to fit my wide feet passably. Over time the AM9s have also stretched to suit my feet quite well, although even they are a size up vs my measured foot length.

Has anyone tried/owned both models? Are the ME7s just the same fit? Other more XC type shimano summer shoes have tended to be too narrow for me. I have proper hobbit feet.

pothead
    Free Member

I have a pair of both, am9’s are the older version (black/blue) and are definitely wider than the me7’s

sboardman

I’ve got the ME7s in EU43 (usually EU42 / UK 8) and they fit my wide feet OK. If anything they are a teeny bit too long, but once I’m riding I don’t notice it.

dc1988

I use ME7’s and they fit nicely, I don’t have wide feet. I know Shimano do wide fitment shoes but not sure if this is the case with the ME7

luket

There do exist ME7s in a wide fitting, but they appear not to be available in the UK, frustratingly. And as yet I can’t see them in any of the usual German shops either.

Painey
    Free Member

I have size 10.5 feet which are reasonably wide. I tried on ME7’s in a uk size 12 = way too narrow. I emailed Shimano about getting some of the wide fit versions and, as has been said, they will not import any or help you locate some. I’m having real trouble finding decent shoes these days as everything seems to be on the narrow side, whereas older shoes always seemed to fit me fine. And I know my feet haven’t changed!

luket

Frustrating. I could get some more AM9s I suppose, but mine are not holding together all that well after about 18 months (and I’m not sure where I got them from so can’t go after a warranty claim; unusually I can’t find the relevant email). Maybe the AM903s are better than the AM902s I have?

Wonder why they should choose not to supply wide fit ME7s to the UK. Not unusual though. Are we a nation of skinny footed folk? I suspect not.

stevebrew

I too have real Hobbit feet, wide and high instep. Shimano too narrow. Tried some Sidi mega wide fit but still no good. In the end went for Specialized Rekon with the velcro straps a size up and they are working well, have stretched a bit. Best I could find, worth a try.

b33k34
    richard678

My me7’s started to fall apart after a couple of months. At £160, I won’t be getting another pair.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.