Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shimano LX disc brakes – what rotors?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

As XT rotors shouldn’t be used with Deore brakes I wonder if there are any issues with LX brakes. 160 and 180mm 6-bolt ones needed. Thanks.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve used all sorts of “wrong” rotors/calipers, I wouldn’t worry.

DezB
    Free Member

No issue with LX using XT rotors. LX have the same pads as XT/XTR so you can use XT rotors (RT-75s) or Avid rotors (probably others too).

nickc

Why can’t you use the XT rotors? I use Hope floating ones* with my Deores.

*because, they look cool, and make the bike go faster, obviously

singlespeedstu

I’m also using XT rotors with LX brakes on one bike and Hope floaters with LX brakes on another.

Hairychested
    Free Member

According to CRC there are issues due to different pad sizes. I’ll order the XT ones, thanks.

PJay
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that my set of LX brakes from Merlin came with XT rotors (as I needed 6 bolt rather than Centerlock) and they work as expected.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Earlier Deore brakes (M525) had a pad that was larger than the surface of an XT rotor. LX uses the same size pad as XT so there are no problems running XT rotors with LX calipers.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Got the XT ones from CRC, 180/160mm. Lovely!

paule
    Free Member

I’ve used LXs with Avid, Hope, Hayes, Shimano centrelock and Imperial rotors, never had a problem with any of them.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I use LX Rotors with Deore brakes and there’s no issues there.

As for Pads I’ve got a2z “Shimano” ones in there and they work just fine and dandy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shimano LX disc brakes – what rotors?’ is closed to new replies.