Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shimano i-spec B – where does it place the shifter?
  • nemesis
    Free Member

I’m looking at going to 11 speed along with getting some of the XT 785 brakes which are now a bargin at £55ish an end.

The 785 are i-spec B which doesn’t have the ability to rotate the shifter unlike the new i-spec 2 of the new M8000 XT.

So where does i-spec B place the shifter in terms of rotation around the bar? I tend to ride with the shifter rotated as close to the brake as possible (ie the brake limits me rotating the shifter any further) – how does that compare with where i-spec B places them?

TIA

creamegg
    Free Member

It clamps onto the brake lever so the relationship between shifter and brake is fixed. My brakes are Hope Tech 3 so the relationship may be different to where the XT puts them

nemesis
    Free Member

On your Hope, how close is the shifter to the brake?

cp

It clamps onto the brake lever so the relationship between shifter and brake is fixed

sort of, you can slide the ispec mount on the shifter so you can move the shifter closer/further away from the grip (as if moving shifter inboard/outboard of brake lever clamp on a normal set up). no rotation though…. I’ve never found it to be a problem.

nemesis
    Free Member

And I don’t think it would be a problem – side to side is the adjustment I really want and what I find I can’t get quite right with current car mounted shifter.

Kahurangi

I’ve just gone from how you have them set up (rotated right together) to i-Spec B. It places them maybe 5-10 degrees further apart – leaving the big paddles rotated round slightly too high for my liking.

nemesis
    Free Member

Thanks Jon – exactly what I wanted to know – sound like I wouldn’t get on with them then. Shame.

jsync

I can take pics of my set up if you need it.

nemesis
    Free Member

Thanks but no need. I’ve just ordered the standard bar clamp for now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shimano i-spec B – where does it place the shifter?’ is closed to new replies.