Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shimano double/triple chainset disappointment
  • shermer75
    Free Member

Just bought a (second hand) 105 triple chainset as my existing compact double wasn’t for me. However, and I should have checked this before, the Sora STI will only index for a double, despite having space on the gear indicator for three chainrings. There’s nothing I can do about this, is there?

theotherjonv

is it all cabled up still – sure it’s not the stops on the mech itself preventing the shifter from operating. or a double specific mech? If you undo the cable from the mech can you get three indices then?

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ll give it another go, I loosened up the stop screws and gave the STI a good yank but there wasn’t anything there clicking or holding it in place at the spot where the third index should be…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

triples eh 😉

shermer75
    Free Member

Haha! I was waiting for that^ 🙂

reggiegasket
    Free Member

just edited it as I though you might get shirty about it….

smaca
    Free Member

Have you disconnected the cable from the mech, then checked the shifter has 3 stops yet?

If the shifter was in the “middle” and you set the travel it would look like you only had a double.

shermer75
    Free Member

It looks like I’ve got a double. I’m not a shirty kind of guy! 😉

reggiegasket
    Free Member

fate in telling you to go with two rings, better shifting, less hassle, less weight, and become a man my son.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shimano double/triple chainset disappointment’ is closed to new replies.