Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Shimano deore hydros
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member

what are the shinao deore m525 hydros like…

i need a set of replacements now, so i am looking about.

i have tektro cable disc at the moment 160mm and seen a set of shimanos for sale.

160mm also, now will this be a good upgrade seeing as no size is being changed?

nick

epicsteve
    Free Member

The Deore's are excellent brakes.

richwales

Really liked mine – never had to bleed them in 2 years. Plenty enough stopping power also.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

They work well

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Got a set of M595 (latest deore) the other day, they are superb for the money, in fact feel just as good as XT.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Shimano-Deore-M595-Front-Disc-Brake-inc-160mm-Disc_W0QQitemZ290382513224QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item439c258448

steve_b77
    Free Member

I've got the older style M525's on my HT and they're great brakes.

Just fitted some SLX ones to my FS and they're loking like a good buy, hopefully get to test them out tomorrow

cookeaa

can't really go wrong with Shimano brakes at any price point IMO.
    have used and still own several Deore brakes (M525, M535 and M555) all brilliant…

nickc

I use 525, some Goodridge hoses to firm them up a bit, and XT old style levers as the shape is "just so" for single finger braking. Solid, bullet proof calipers, that are cheap as cheaps to replace if they ever go bang, which mine haven't after 3/4 years of shitty braking technique from me…

carlphillips
    Free Member

fit and forget, got em on all my bikes never a problem

steve_b77
    Free Member

OH yeah just to add, I got a slightly stuck piston in my back one, 15 minutes with some WD-40, chain lube and a 10mm spanner and they were running free again, winner

snowpaul
    Free Member

they are superb – i love shimano brakes – still running old skool xt 4pots…

paul

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

will 160mm will be enough front and back or should i go for the 180mm on the front?

alpin
    Free Member

i rate my old deores over my mates new Formula K24s…. more bite when cold and more modulation.

also have SLX. Shimano make good brakes.

nickc

I run 180mm on the front, just because really. For garden veriety xc 160mm both endsis enough

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Shimano deore hydros’ is closed to new replies.