Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shimano crank arms available separately?
  • MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Had a quick search and got a feeling the answer will be no but can you get deore xt crank arms separately?

Just turned one of mine into a banana and they’re not that old so is it going to be a case of keeping an eye on the classifieds/ebay or biting the bullet and replacing the whole lot?

Mackem

Loads of them on ebay.

simondbarnes

Any shop with a Madison account can get them for you.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Thanks for those replies, should have looked harder 😳

At least it’s not going to be a case of replacing the whole lot.

burt
    Free Member

What model is it, i have a spare left hand xt crank I’ve been saving just in case.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

It’s an M770 9 speed, the arms are 175mm.

burt
    Free Member

Yep just checked it, thats what I’ve got, brand new. PM me
    Email in profile if you’re interested.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

You are most likely aware, but your pedal spindle isn’t looking too smart in that shot either, or at least, in addition to the twist in the crank, the pedal isn’t at right angles to the crank where it attaches. It could be more damage to the crank though, you’ll only know once you unscrew the pedal.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

the pedal isn’t at right angles to the crank where it attaches

I’ve removed the pedal already and its straight, the impact had twisted the threaded section inside the crank arm.

I was quite impressed with how strong the saint pedals are, apart from some cosmetic damage and a snapped pin it’s fine.

superdan

I went through a phase of pulling the threads out of Shimano cranks like that (4 or 5 times in a year), until I started buying the SLX doubles which have a steel insert, hasen’t happened since (3 years).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shimano crank arms available separately?’ is closed to new replies.