Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Shimano clothing – anyone used it?
  • cinnamon_girl

Specifically their Windstopper arm warmers that are half the price of Gore.

Thanks. 🙂

cinnamon_girl

*is disappointed*

😉

JoeG
    Free Member

Shimano owns Pearl Izumi, so I’d have to think that they’d have the knowledge in house to make decent stuff.

brakes
    Free Member

I had some Shimano shorts in the mid-90s. They were rubbish compared to the Cannondale ones that I had at the same time. But they were black and purple and therefore awesome.

Hope that helps.

cinnamon_girl

JoeG – didn’t know that. Pearl Izumi clothing is very good.

brakes – cool colours. 🙂

oliverracing

at the London cycle show a few years back there was a stand selling new without tags/demo shimano clothing dirt cheap (madison I think) so I got a long sleeve winter jersey and a few summer ones for £15 in total! didn’t rate the ss jerseys, but the long sleeve one is still my go to top should it be sub 5 degrees and dry!

JoeG
    Free Member

I have 3 PI cycling jackets, and a couple sets of their winter tights. I’m really happy with all of it. I don’t really care for their other stuff though; its too roadie lookin’ for my taste.

I like Shimano for mtb shoes.

But I do find it odd that they have both Shimano and PI cycling shoes; they seem to be competing with themselves. Its not like one is entry level and the other is high end, or road vs mtb; they both have a pretty big range.

atlaz
    Free Member

I have some knee warmers. Happy with them and they’re going strong after 3 years of regular use.

Garry_Lager

I have a shimano light rain jacket which I’m happy with.

tbh I always assumed that most bike-branded clothing was effectively made in the same factory. Like there’s a third party clothes designer who offers lines to the various bike cos and they just stamp cannondale or specialized logos onto it.

cultsdave
    Free Member

I just bought a Shimano Gore Tex Jacket and it is fantastic. Fits well and the face fabric seems very good, it hasn’t wetted out at all and feels hard wearing. No pit zips though and no coat hook.

scruff
    Free Member

I’ve got some waterproof trousers, only worn them once so far, seem v waterproof but not as breathable as Gore and inside face seems a bit sticky once sweats built up.

jameso

I have a fair bit from when I used to work at their distributor. In general, very good kit imo, good fabrics. Comfy shorts, good windproof tops etc. Durable too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Shimano clothing – anyone used it?’ is closed to new replies.