Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Shimano chains on Campag drivetrains
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Will 10-speed HG94 chains work ok with Campag Xenon components?

RealMan
    Free Member

No.

mrmo
    Free Member

9 or 10 speed Xenon?

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

10-speed. Will it have to be one of these then? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=57808

mrmo
    Free Member
    TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Cheers chaps.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Find a KMC 10 speed road chain – that’ll work and will last longer than the bike.

benw
    Free Member

as glutton says KMC every time

bm0p700f
    Free Member

A shimano 10 speed chain will work with with Campag so I do not know where the “no” posted comes from. Campag chains work on shimano drive trains as well. You should be able to use 10 speed chain on 9 speed as well.
    Give it a go.

bm0p700f
    Free Member

A shimano 10 speed chain will work with with Campag so I do not know where the “no” posted comes from. Campag chains work on shimano drive trains as well. You should be able to use 10 speed chain on 9 speed as well. The distance between campag sproket teeth is the same as on shimano sprokets -1/2″ it is the one bike thing that is standardised.
    Give it a go.

I agree with buy a KMC chain over a shimano chain though. I would also take a KMC chain over a campag veloce chain. Cmapag record on the other hand is a very good chain.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Apparently 10 speed mtb chains and 10 speed road chains are different widths or have plates which are differently profiled.. Not sure that I believe that though.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

They’re not. a load of bull, maybe Shimano have tweaked there plates a little but I always use Dura Ace chains 10s on but road and MTB and they work equally well for both applications

zangolin
    Free Member

+1 for what Blazin says. It will work fine – HG94 mounted the correct way of course. Have used Shimano DA chains on my Campag equipped road bikes for years – no problems.

crftom
    Free Member

It would work but I wouldn’t disgrace my campag with a shitmano chain

cynic-al
    Free Member

But you’ve already disgraced your bike with campag?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Shimano chains on Campag drivetrains’ is closed to new replies.