Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Shimano Brakeset BRM446 anyone used em?
  • matty456
    Free Member

My avid juicy 3’s are old and knackered a bit like me. Looking for a new brakeset including 6 bolt rotors 180f, 160r. Seen these shimano BRM446 for £85 inc rotors at Wolly Hat Shop. Seem a good deal all in, anyone used them? Ta.

khani
    Free Member

Try these..
    £15 and end no rotors,

larrythelathe
    Free Member

Take a look at the slx or xt from rose bikes they are really good.

They don’t come with rotors but they are about 120 front and rear

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    martinhutch

£85 from WHS?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-BRM446-MTB-Bicycle-Hydraulic-Disc-Disk-Brake-Sets-in-Black-/310506245440

Unless I’ve read that wrong, it’s 29 quid a full brakeset including rotors…

If you’re determined to spend 80-odd, I’d probably plump for Deore 596 from CRC at 40 quid an end. I’ve got these, and they are very nice indeed.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I had some 446’s and with 200mm rotors they were fine including a trip to the Alps. A bit wooden compared and slightly less power compared to the newer Deore/SLX (which I had on another bike)/XT but perfectly acceptable.

matty456
    Free Member

Thanks for the input, stupid question do I need to use shimano rotors on shimano brakes???

khani
    Free Member

No, any will do. The only ones you might have issues with are hope floating ones..

jamj1974

Performance acceptable but way to expensive at that price!

matty456
    Free Member

I’ve found shimano M596 on Rose Bikes for £67, any recommendation on rotors, 160 and 180? Thanks.

matty456
    Free Member

Bought a set of shimano m596 inc mounts and rotors £95 all in from Rose bikes. 😀

weeksy

I got some BRM575’s from On-one… £30 a piece… they’re GREAT

matty456
    Free Member

Thanks, will stick with the M596’s. However just ordered these Brakes from CRC at £30 for a set inc levers and cables! They will be for my sons hardtail! 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Brakeset BRM446 anyone used em?’ is closed to new replies.