Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shimano AM40 issues
  • dan1980
    Free Member

I’ve had a pair of AM40s for about a year now, used probably on about 75% of weekends and the odd night ride so lets say about 100 days use in total, in all conditions (mud/snow/dust etc)

The white material (leather?) is cracking and breaking into bits all over the shoes, and the rubber at the heel on one of the shoes has started to peel away. The sole has broken into bits in places to

Am I expecting to much of them to have lasted longer?

RustySpanner

Mine have split at the sides and the pedal pins have worn through the sole after two and a half years regular use.
    Pretty good really.
    Lasted a lot longer than most trainers or running shoes do off the bike.

Do you stick them in the washing machine? Might make a difference.

If not, might be worth speaking to Madison.

ahwiles
    Free Member

what the hell are you doing to them?!

my 40’s are … 2? 3? years old, and have only just started wearing in, they’re a long way from wearing out.

as spanner points out: shoes don’t like washing machines…

samcamsdad

Mine are 2 years old and falling apart, just stuck the sole back on last night with no nails!! not been near a washing machine.

mind, not had a bike shoe last more than 2 years, so not complaning to much.

dustypumpkins

I’ve had mine 4 months and the sole’s wrecked. Keep meaning to send an e-mail to Madison.

dan1980
    Free Member

Thanks, they’ve never been anywhere near a washing machine, and when they’ve gotten wet, I’ve stuffed them with paper and let them dry naturally.

Will email Madison and see what they have to say.

Mister-P
    Free Member

They will say take them back to the place of purchase who can return them for warranty inspection.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shimano AM40 issues’ is closed to new replies.