Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shimano 8120 brake fitting… Olives?
  • vincienup
    Free Member

Just realised as I was about to start hose shortening that the parts baggy in both boxes has no olive. Doesn’t feel like it’s under the rubber hose blank.

Have Shimano hidden it in the lever behind the Union nut and the yellow blanking bung? Don’t really want to pull that apart and guarantee air in system before I’m ready to assemble. Just wondering if I need a couple of olives…

prezet
    Free Member

They are already fitted … the instructions don’t make that clear though. Pull out the yellow plug, add the barb to your hose, push in and tighten. I had the same thoughts when i was fitting mine and it took looking through the dealers manual to find out.

vincienup
    Free Member

In U.K. form the instructions are non existent! Shimano seem to have decided end users only need safety leaflets and and anyone installing at all needs to refer to dealers documents.

Thanks, Prezet! That’ll save me chasing around today (or wondering if Magura olives fit… 😜)

jimdubleyou

In U.K. form the instructions are non existent! Shimano seem to have decided end users only need safety leaflets and and anyone installing at all needs to refer to dealers documents.

I don’t think I’ve had install docs from a shimano product for ages.

Quite like the ease of looking up the docs on the net now, and I guess it saves on paper!

prezet
    Free Member

Don’t do what I just did and assume the olive is inserted correctly – I just installed my rear brake and the olive seems to have been misaligned in the factory, and is now crushed inside the lever!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shimano 8120 brake fitting… Olives?’ is closed to new replies.