Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • shimano 12 speed ( micro spline ). anyone using it?
  • ton

just wondering how it is holding up. been getting some noise from mine.

joebristol

I’m sure someone in the most recent month’s MBR said the shimano hubs on their Rocky Mountain long term bike gave up after 6 months and had to be replaced. Cup and cones destroyed themselves.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

yes slx m7100 groupset on dt wheels, but i haven’t put many miles on it, seems fine so far.

mattbee

Yep but with DT wheels/free hub not Shimano.

batman11
    Free Member

Not yet but will be soon as hopes freehub comes out for my pro4 hubs.

ton

any advice on which dt wheelset it a good choice for a hefty rider?

any idea when the hope version is available?

mrmo
    Free Member

I have been told hope pre orders are in about a week-10 days, availability is 1st January, realistically first half January.

joebristol

Ton – for a heavier / enthusiastic rider with a good budget then I’d go Dt EX1501 – almost invincible. If they’re too expensive then e1700 followed by e1900.

Or you could go Hope Pro 4’s with DT Swiss EX511 or ex471 rims. I think the cheaper version of those rims might be the e502 or something like that.

damascus
    Free Member

Ton, what’s the chainline like? Is that what’s making the noise? Or mech running too close?

Personally, I’d wait for a hope freehub.

stevied
    Free Member

No problems with mine on a DT 350 (E1650 wheels).

hatter

If you want to go full ‘belt and braces’ on durability and have a Boost frame and fork then DT do their E-MTB ‘Hybrid’ wheels as well, thicker hub shells, bigger bearings, thicker spokes, steel freehubs, reinforced spoke beds etc.

Heavier obviously but mega tough and they do steel microspline ratchet freehubs for them.

ivantate
    Free Member

I went XD. Couldn’t wait and wasn’t swapping out my Hope!!

Shimano should have opened the standard right away.

I can’t see it being problematic due to the spline size/shape. The noose is likely from something else.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘shimano 12 speed ( micro spline ). anyone using it?’ is closed to new replies.