Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • She’s on her way back
  • jj55

It’s that time of year, at 10:22pm today she turns around and starts the journey back to us.

nixie

👍

funkmasterp

Yes

fatoldgit

Woo Hoo

pondo

Be glad to see her. 🙂

wallop

Lovely stuff.

imnotverygood

😎

juanking

I was just thinking this. Up here I the NE of Scotland at the moment it feels like it doesn’t get light some days.

zippykona

” let us witness the reincarnation of the sun”

myti
    Free Member

👏

matt_outandabout

Oh yessss.
    😎

DickBarton

You mean we return to her…she doesn’t move, but we rotate/spin/wobble…

senorj

Hurrah.

stevied
    Free Member

thepurist

Yay – there should be some sort of festival at this time of year to celebrate…

nickc

she doesn’t move

The sun (along with everything else) is orbiting around the centre of the milky way galaxy

weeksy

Tell that to my KTM… I’ve ridden it once since buying 4 weeks ago !

trail_rat
    Free Member

Amen juanking. Feels like it’s always dark this year for some reason.

jekkyl

Thank God getting very sick of pre 4pm sunsets.

701arvn
    Free Member

Interestingly (maybe) earth is closest to the sun in January, furthest away in July.

Houns

Needs a rest after this summer

andytherocketeer

Interestingly (as well as the fact above) the earliest sunset was a week or so back, and the latest sunrise is around the new year.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Tell that to my KTM… I’ve ridden it once since buying 4 weeks ago !

Give it a Zwift session, if it fits your turbo. 😉

theotherjonv

Interestingly (as well as the fact above) the earliest sunset was a week or so back, and the latest sunrise is around the new year.

Also interesting to me (and my moods) – while the summer and winter equinoxes get the attention, it’s the Spring and Autumn ones that affect me most. Because if you actually take the daylight hours (D) on a per day basis (broadly a sine curve), and take the first differential of that to identify the rate of change of daylight hours on a per day basis (the equiv cosine curve) – then it’s in the Spring and Autumn that dD/dt is a maximum and minimum, and that fact makes me happy / sad accordingly.

(In layman’s terms, in March the days are getting longer at their fastest. At his time of year it’s dark in the morning and evening, and it’ll be the same last week, and next week, and you won’t notice the difference. But in March…. it’ll be dark when you set off for you Weds night night ride, but next week they’ll be a bit of light in the sky at the same time, and the week after you won’t need lights for the first part, and the week after you can almost do the first hour without, and so on….. and that when it really feels she’s properly on her way)

fasthaggis

Every season has it’s beauty, I love them all and never yearn for more, but a special thanks OP, for not posting up that twee mintsauce cartoon. 😉

takisawa2

Always lifts the spirit when we turn the corner.

Nico
    Free Member

”let us witness the reincarnation of the sun”

Funny word that, “reincarnation”. Turn it back into meat?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Lets hope she’s as hot and beautiful as she was this year!

cdoc
    Free Member

Meh, She can stay well buggered off until we have had some proper bloody snow, appear briefly to show her face around July then have the good grace to clear off early so that poor Autumn doesn’t have to hang around the door looking sheepish.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

If shes as good as she was last year?

Well, that’ll do for me..

nickc

Turn it back into meat?

in this instance it’s Latin, so the Latinate/Romance languages (French, Spanish) use the derivative word as meat (Carne) but in Latin it means Flesh. So more accurately; “returning into the flesh” I knew* Latin lessons would be useful, little did Mr Street know that in 30 years, I’d be able to come across as a bit of geek on a forum…

*No, no i didn’t. I hated Latin…

Coyote
    Free Member

”let us witness the reincarnation of the sun”

Nice reference, one of my favourite tracks.

qwerty
    Free Member

👍

But… The cold wrath of winter has yet to unleash it’s biting cold upon us.

#halfempty

bikebouy
    Free Member

#drizzlywetharogateshire

Anyone actually seen the sun recently?

PJay
    Free Member

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m always happier when things are improving, even if it’s a very slow change this time of year.

As a fully paid up member of the ‘I hate Xmas brigade’ (I don’t really) I love to say completely stupid things like “it’s beginning to look as lot like Spring” when it clearly isn’t and “Only 70 sleeps till Spring” when ‘sleeps’ of course if only a measurement of time if you’re a small child who doesn’t yet have a firm grip of time or an idiot.

PJay
    Free Member

I love Autumn/Winter if it’s bright and fresh but this grey soggy mess we seem to get is pretty grim.

jekkyl

love the bridleway gate on that pic

Nico
    Free Member

the Latinate/Romance languages (French, Spanish) use the derivative word as meat (Carne) but in Latin it means Flesh

Ah, but are they not the same thing? Mr Pownall would be shocked but pleased to know that I remembered the German word for meat is Fleisch. 🙂

rexated
    Free Member

Hooray, Summer! Except for those awful desert boots she appears to be wearing… What on earth was JB thinking?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘She’s on her way back’ is closed to new replies.