• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by rone.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sherwood pines – what bike?
  • cp

Off to Sherwood for a mini break with the family in the not too distant future…

Simple question – what bike to take… XC FS or CX? I’ve not been for years but from memory, CX might be the ‘more involving’ option.

cb200
    Free Member

The official red would be fun on a CX. Venturing onto the bike park/jump park and off piste routes, I’d take the XC. Have fun!

oldnick

For myself a short travel full sus or rigid single-speed are my preferred choices (I don’t have a hard-tail).
    There are some jumps and bumps that would be a lot more fun on the xc bike, this is assuming you stick to the marked trails.
    More importantly don’t miss the sausage rolls at the cafe – delicious!

stevextc
    Free Member

What do the rest of the family ride?
    We took XC bikes when Jnr was 5… he was bored by day 3.(and that included spending on go-ape, archery and stuff).. and we went off to Hope Valley instead…

rone

CX , nope. Stutter bumps aplenty.

I’m local and mainly ride 100/29.

cp

Great, thanks all… Anthem X 29er it is 🙂

Others will be on MTB and balance bike… I can ride with them on any bike… I’m thinking cheeky trips out on my own for an hour or two!

andypaul
    Free Member

100m Full susser = perfect

CX bike or rigid singlespeed if you have a tolerance to vibration or just want to be a hero

sootyandjim
    Free Member

As @rone says, its stutter bump city at Sherwood Pines. The sheer amount of use the trails get means that even relatively long and straight sections seem to become washboard-like, with the approaches to and oddly exits from corners being even worse.

ads678

I always take my Solaris.  Great fun.

rone

BTW the new re-routed BLUE route down the back of the park is a fab new section. Really fast!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood pines – what bike?’ is closed to new replies.