Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Sherwood Pines to Clumber Park Route ?
  • nealglover
    Free Member

Is there an off road route from Sherwood Pines to Clumber Park ?

Someone I was talking to there yesterday said that there was, but I didn’t get any details from him and was wondering if anyone knew it, or knew if was worth doing

(I like sherwood pines, before anyone tells me it’s not worth bothering with as someone always seems to 😉 )

cozz
    Free Member

through vicar water on route 6 upto clumber , then onto sherwood forest and onto clumber

ebygomm
    Free Member

National cycle route 6 will take you between the two off road

rob
    Free Member

Wot they said
    Easy going fireroad sustrans type route

nealglover
    Free Member

Nice one, thanks, any idea on distance between the two ?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Watches with interest.

dawson

Its only 3 or 4 miles on Route 6 – give me a shout if you are coming to Clumber – could arrange a mini STW gathering on my patch!

ChrisA
    Free Member

I don’t know the full route out, but from memory, get as far as the dog & duck pub, by either going under the railway bridge to side of sherwood pines or down the road, then go straight on over the road at at dog & duck, via left under the railway bridge up to the old abbey (I think!) up to peafield lane, cross peafield lane and pick up the bridleways to Sherwood Forest, through Sherwood Forest on the bridleways out through dukeries training range. This brings you out at the Netherfield Lane / A616 roundabout, which isn’t far from where you need to be.

I can’t remember the rest of the route out, but it involved crossing the road into the woods opposite and through to clumber, maybe even picking up the national cycle route but its not difficult to piece together from there or ammend the route above with the map to pick up the cycle route sooner

dawson

yep, that’s it.

ChrisA
    Free Member

Are you local Dawson?

endurogangster
    Free Member

it starts at the bottom of the bike park, you take a left away from the trail and go under the bridge, then just follow the signs. its a nice ride on a sunny day.

dawson

@ChrisA – I’m in Worksop, normally ride in Clumber, but for a longer ride I normally ride from home, do a bit in Clumber, then follow Route 6 to the Pines and do a lap or 2 of the red and then ride home.

nealglover
    Free Member

Any tips for some nice riding in Clumber would be appreciated too. Looking to make a decent day out of it between Pines and Clumber and the ride in between.

Are there any maps available for Clumber Park ?

dawson

re: maps – could have a look on NT website. There are a couple of map boards around the park, and there is one just where Route 6 enters the park. You may also be able to get a map from the cycle hie place.

There are some little blue numbered posts which is the cycle route which is easy hard pack paths.(although some of it is currently diverted due to forestry work).

There are some off-piste trails too that I try to string to together, but some of it has been ripped apart due to the forestry work.

jamesco

OS Explorer 270 ( the orange 1:25000) shows Route 6 , Sherwood Forest , Sherwood Pines and Clumber, not brilliant detail but followable.

MadPierre

Route 6 is the easiest “not getting lost” option but maybe slightly more interesting is to head via Rufford, Ollerton and obvious bridleways…?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood Pines to Clumber Park Route ?’ is closed to new replies.