Sherwood Pines new downhill.

Home Forum Bike Forum Sherwood Pines new downhill.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sherwood Pines new downhill.
  • Premier Icon joat
    Subscriber

Had a bit of a mooch round today (don’t worry, I didn’t ride anything new) to see what’s happening. And it appears all the woodwork’s gone, no more ‘wall of death’. Were there too many accidents or is it not the done thing now? The new stuff looks promising though.

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

Never found the transition onto the wall very friendly.

Conan257

The new stuff looks very good!

I believe the woodwork was just dangerous for a couple of reasons:

1. Those that couldn’t ride it rode it anyway and ended up hurting themselves by leaping to flat.

2. Those that couldn’t ride it walked to the top and stood there like a tit until someone came along at speed, then tried to jump off and ended up hurting themselves.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

There is a hill at Sherwood? 😯

*edit*

My bad, there is a rise.

carlosg

Not been to Sherwood pines in years , the xc stuff was always a bit (lot) bland and the only real interesting bits for me were the 2 dual descender tracks .I just youtubed for the DH there and 🙄 , don’t think I’ll be making a trip anytime soon. I suppose it’ll be good for locals but won’t bring any new riders in.

Premier Icon joat
    Subscriber

Thought that was probably the case. I have seen plenty of stranded beginners on the bridge, including a girl on a centre parcs hybrid dressed in flip flops and not much else. I’m all for people having a go, but as Pines is so accessible I guess they have to err on the side of caution. Does anyone know when it should be finished?

Premier Icon joat
    Subscriber

Hey don’t diss our Nottinghamshire fells. I do agree you have to make your own gravity though – by pedaling like a man possessed. Still it’s never far back to the top.

Premier Icon bigdean
    Subscriber

I heard that someone fell off the frist drop off and threatened to sue so that got chopped down. That small part of forrest is so densely(sp) used with dog walkers, dog sled racers and holiday makers that i avoid most of it. Shame as its only 2miles from our door. And theyve just opened the deseart legaly so all the other parts of the forest are getting rutted/ churnred up.

elzorillo

The place has been ruined by it’s own success. Just getting far too ‘themed’.

theboatman

That photo brings back fond memories of the old xc series, racing on my old orange clockwork. Was never really a place you would head to for epics or big smiles mind, but is restricted by the geography.

Premier Icon bigdean
    Subscriber

Went and looked at these today a few people riding the finished lines (not open yet though).
    To be honest nothing special. Crushed stone paths with short rock gardens, and they all end to short not continuing to the fire road.
    Managed half an hour of non stop loops on the finished line then got bored and went to find bits of the old xc race course.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood Pines new downhill.’ is closed to new replies.