Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sherwood Pines
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

Just to warn you if you’re planning a ride,
    The best sections on the Kitchener trail i.e the “Downhill” section and the Bike Park are currently closed due to masses of fallen trees due to the recent winds (Of which I wasn’t aware of)

Not worth the journey imo…

dawson

Pines got battered in mini tornado type storm that went through last Saturday. Parts of route 6 also closed. Sherwood pines cycles have put info and photos on their FB page

tacopowell
    Free Member

Also, It’s the wettest I’ve ever seen the area.
    Puddle’s are starting to conjoin in what I fear may be an attack of ocean sized proportions.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads-up. Was planning on going tomorrow. Sutton Park it is then…

benjii19
    Free Member

Been today and it’s a bit of a mess……still gave me an excuse to practice some jumping on the dirt jump bit. downhill bit was shut.

Pook

As a heads up – some planks of wood with screws through them have been found dotted around the trails there. Some nasty little person has been leaving these to catch bikers out.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Oh if I caught them. 😈

bowglie

Was over there today and got chatting to one of the rangers (who’s also a keen mtn biker). As per OP, the ‘bike park’ is the worst hit area, but also stretches of the red route around that area are also shut. I did my usual off-piste stuff around there and there are a LOT of fallen trees about down there – it’s the worst mini tornado strike I’ve ever seen in there. (myself and a pal were sessioning the bike park runs about an hour before it hit 😯 )

The ranger reckons at least 200 of the larger trees have come down. He said the problem is that the forestry machines they’re having to use to get the trees cleared are wrecking the trails. He said that they (…including him!) are going to repair and if necessary rebuild the trails, but said realistically, it’s gonna probably be at least 2 to 3 weeks before it’s tidied up. Of all the trails in Pines that a tornado could’ve hit! 😕

bowglie

As a heads up – some planks of wood with screws through them have been found dotted around the trails there. Some nasty little person has been leaving these to catch bikers out.

Ah, I’m guessing that’s the same miserable dog-walker that was putting stuff across some of the off-piste trails a while back 😈

I was there when the mini tornado hit and have to say it was the scaryest bike ride of my life! There were trees coming down in front of me and behind me at one point and the lightning was something to be seen! When it had all died down and I was trying to get out one of the trees was too hot to climb over and can only assume that it was struck.

joat

I’ve been clearing up fallen trees in Mansfield. Never occurred to me Pines would have been hit. Bugger!
    With a name like that ^^^ I thought you would have had a bit more control of the weather.

beardo

I’ve seen those nail pics on the FB page, utter brainless tw*ts.

Thinking of going tomorrow before the next storms hit, what’s the mud like?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood Pines’ is closed to new replies.