Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 171 total)
  • Sherlock
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Quite looking forward to this so I checked the RT for when it was on (no telly, just online so I miss the all the up and comings) and I clicked on the Gatiss ‘interview” of ‘Benny’.

😯

How crap is that? It’s like they are teabagging each other for the whole thing.
    Awful writing.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-01-01/sherlock-steven-moffat-interviews-benedict-cumberbatch

stevio

if you look on the iplayer there’s a 7 minutes intro video – worth a look….

Drac

Got it on series link as at work until 10.

back2basics
    Free Member

my goodness, its (IMHO) a bag of tripe so far this series. slapstick, filler scenes with very very little plot so far.

as soon as i saw the bomb on the underground i said “they will have it on a timer so they can reconcile with each other”. BINGO. 2 min timer. why?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Last nights was ssslllloooooowwwwww and really dull. So why bother with 90mins of Watsons wedding? One storyline, one beer line, one outcome.
    Whilst I usually love Sherlock, I even got MrsBouy into it, I found it a bit dull. So I’ll wait for the next installment…

Drac

2 min timer. why?

Because it’s not real.

warton
    Free Member

both episodes have been dull. I watch crime dramas to see the crimes being solved, not for 90 mins of filler. proper crime, proper detection please.

back2basics
    Free Member

Ahhhhhh well in that case Drac, lets have us find out Sherlock is an Alien!

Drac

Ahhhhhh well in that case Drac, lets have us find out Sherlock is an Alien!

Khan they do that?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I’ve enjoyed it, but not as much, its been some hit and a large chunk of miss for me. Its a very different show this series – more humour, but less clever, and its suffered for it.

I really didn’t go for the “sherlock as T1000” action stuff. This seems to be losing touch with the roots of the show (i.e. diabolical plotting and cat and mouse detecting action).

Freeman and Cumblebinderstick and as sharp as ever as the leads, but they’re struggling a bit to save the show, I think.

Time at the bar, after this series.

MSP

Only seen the first of the new series so far, and it was pretty crap. Unfortunately I don’t think Moffat has the ability to keep developing characters and plots, he runs out of ideas, and the plot just becomes hollow self promotion.

wallop

Haven’t seen it yet but I got married there!

Moses

Goldney Orangery? It’s lovely, isn’t it?
    But have you had sex in the grotto?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

1st episode was a bit mince tbh, but I enjoyed the script of last nights. Echoes of Dr Who in the first one about how to get yourself out of a sticky script/plot line.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Well I enjoyed it. I thought the whole programme was more about the development of the relationship between Sherlock, Watson and Mary.

Also Sherlock (self-confessed “high-functioning sociopath”) struggling with his emerging capacity to have emotional feelings towards the other two was interesting and well played.

I suppose if all you’re interested in is the nuts and bolts of a “crime procedural” this would have been a bit disappointing.

Cougar

I thought it was bloody hilarious, frankly.

natrix
    Free Member

sex in the grotto?

Is this some new position I should be aware of?

wallop

Goldney Orangery? It’s lovely, isn’t it?
    But have you had sex in the grotto?

You’re joking, aren’t you??! It costs £160 an hour to open the grotto!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Its a very different show this series – more humour, but less clever, and its suffered for it.

^this

wwaswas

It costs £160 an hour to open the grotto!

euphemism of the day.

atlaz
    Free Member

I got that but when you’ve spent 2 out of 3 episodes setting up the relationships, you better have a bloody stunning 3rd episode to make the BBC commission another series. The crimes in the first two episodes just seemed lobbed into the programme for the sake of completeness rather than because there was any point.

Mind you, was still better (just) than Prime Witness which I thought was lazy tripe

spacemonkey

I thought it was bloody hilarious, frankly.

Me too for the most part. Too lighthearted for some but who cares. The pi5hed scenes in particular were chuckle-worthy.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I got that but when you’ve spent 2 out of 3 episodes setting up the relationships, you better have a bloody stunning 3rd episode to make the BBC commission another series.

…and this^

emsz
    Free Member

Fell asleep half way through, what did the dead soldier have to do with it?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

previous murder committed by the would-be-killer-photographer

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Prime Witness

= silent witness?

atlaz
    Free Member

Yep. Thingy Witness. Exactly. The groundskeeper at the end was just really odd. Added nothing to the story, just felt tossed into the pot

emsz – He was killed in a specific way which was relevant to the story later. Sort of.

kimbers

I quite enjoyed it

but it did drag a bit in the middle, just like a real wedding speech!

back2basics
    Free Member

…speaking of sh&* plots and specials. jeez Dr Who!!!!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Yep. Thingy Witness

Used to be good, that.

redthunder
    Free Member

I also liked it 🙂

…Runs Away.

spacemonkey

Prime Witness
    = silent witness?

Me likey SW. Ms Fox is also damn fit and recently back on the market 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup ok I’ll concede that I expected more from a plot of a “giz a hug bro'” episode and yes it’s early days in so the “entertainment only on Sunday” seekers get to understand the characters, which I know will bind us to the relationships more than the plot lines. I guess it’s just the same format used in many series the Beeb have produced so far, but it is an entertaining programme and yes I was intrigued to see the “how he done it” in the last episode, but again the writers did run over the plot over and over again.. you know just to hammer home the simple’ness of the plot to the unread/washed etc. Etc. As for the drunk bit(s) well I thought it a bit silly..

Moses

You’re joking, aren’t you??! It costs £160 an hour to open the grotto!

I don’t know about that. I lived in Clifton Wood as a student, & was quite good at climbing walls. Perhaps they didn’t have bars on the grotto back then. I’ve not been in the gardens for 5 years or so, but have many happy memories of the them.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I thought it was a bit slow and lackingng direction but rather enjoyed how it all pulled together for the climax.

miketually
    Free Member

The best description I’ve seen of last night’s episode so far: “like an episode of Spaced, if Mike and Brian occasionally solved crimes in Spaced”.

I wish they were doing 4 or 5 one hour episodes, rather than three 90 minute episodes.

I thought last night’s was funny. I was starting to worry that they’d completely lost the plot, but then the final crime solution pulled together all the threads from the episode. I assuming that the third episode will pull together seemingly-inconsequential stuff from episodes 1 and 2?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

the plot just becomes hollow self promotion.

Couldn’t agree more… It not just Sherlock who thinks he’s the bees knees… it’s the whole production.

Shame and unfounded.

No one likes annoying drunks, why did we have to watch two of them for 20 odd mins?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I suppose it is about time for the usual English “we’ve set ’em up, now let’s knock ’em down” syndrome to kick in… 🙄

Speeder

I’ll add to the dissenters and admit I really enjoyed it. Yes it was a bit lightweight in terms of cerebral crime fighting but it was very good from a character development point of view.
    I do think that they’re setting it up for a fairly tumultuous climax though as there were (big) hints of relationship changes afoot and I’d be surprised if Mr Watson lasted the series if they want to keep things going.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 171 total)

The topic ‘Sherlock’ is closed to new replies.