Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Sheffield Utd set to re-sign Ched Evans .
  • RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Will Jess Ennis still want her name removing from the stand ?

mrmoofo

Why would she?
    I thought he was found not guilty?

egb81
    Free Member

It isn’t on there anymore according to the Guardian.

bikebouy
    Free Member

😆

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

well I didn’t know that . That’s one decision she doesn’t have to make then .

tpbiker
    Free Member

Last time there was a thread about old ched, right after the conviction was overturned, I made the rookie mistake of expressing some slight sympathy for him around the entire situation

Having being called out as a victim blamer, rapist appologist, and ‘no better than the man himself’ by certin posters on here, I’m reluctant to make any other comment, other than..

10 pages…minimum..

🙂

moose
    Free Member

Now I know this I’m off to mumsnet to watch the frothing over there. They do it so much better than here. 😆

neilthewheel

Edit!

tjagain

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

On one hand I think he got off with it ( although did spend time inside) so shouldn’t be allowed to resign, on the other hand he was cleared and I believe in rehabilitation.

aracer
    Free Member

Except for Christians 😉

jam-bo

except for Christians or lib Dems

Fixed…

tjagain

Both can be rehabilitated but do they want to be? 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

he has been cleared and he is an innocent man

That said I do not like what he did one bit but he is hardly the only footballer to be a sexist egomaniac with a lack of respect for women

sadly that list is rather long 🙁

mickmcd
    Free Member

except for Christians or lib Dems

and people who voted to leave or stay in the eu

scotroutes

tpbiker – Member

Having being called out as a victim blamer, rapist appologist, and ‘no better than the man himself’ by certin posters on here,
    See, I read that as “cretin”….

johnners
    Free Member

He’s been found not guilty so I don’t see why Sheffield Utd shouldn’t employ him. He has behaved reprehensibly but I’m sure they’ll balance the benefit of having him vs any possible reputational damage.

he is hardly the only footballer man to be a sexist egomaniac with a lack of respect for women

wrecker
    Free Member

Is it wrong to think he’s entitled to employment and simultaneously hope that he meets some serious misfortune?

moose
    Free Member

wrecker
    Is it wrong to think he’s entitled to employment and simultaneously hope that he meets some serious misfortune?

Not at all. It is what is legally right and morally just. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think wrecker has summed up most folks view on this issue

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh, meant to reply to wrecker’s post as a +1.

He’s entitled to employment and is Sheffield Utd want to employ an utter scumbag, and possibly alienate quite a few fans, then that is their right to do so.

Now if some old school centre back could break his legs in a crunching tackle in the first few minutes of the new season, thereby ending his career, that would be just lovely.

teenrat

Was there a thread on here when chesterfield signed him? What about Luke McCormack playing for Plymouth, Gary Nadine playing for Bolton or Nile ranger playing for southend- all of which have unquashed criminal convictions. I’m not defending ched evans but am fed up with the media circus.

funkrodent

So some of the great and the good on here would like to see him crippled. Marvellous. As far as i can see he and a mate had sex with a woman. A court found him not guilty of anything. Whatever his profession is, it’s irrelevant. Nobody would give a toss if he was a plumber. At the end of the day he was a victim of a miscarriage of justice. If he’d been fitted up by the old bill and subsequently exonerated he’d be a hero. We can’t pick and choose. Let the man get on with his life.

– Interesting aside. Macron is being critiqued for being married to a woman 25 years his senior. She first noticed him as his tutor when he was 15. They did nothing “until he was 18”. Hmmm. Point is imagine the brouhaha if it were t’other way round..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So some of the great and the good on here would like to see him crippled.

Well, I’m not great, and certainly not good, but, yes, I’d love to see his career ended on the pitch.

EDIT: But not necessarily crippled.

As far as i can see he and a mate had sex with a woman.

Aye, that was about it I suppose.

wrecker
    Free Member

So some of the great and the good on here would like to see him crippled.

Can’t claim to be great or good, and whilst I’d probably stop slightly short of crippled, I wouldn’t shed a tear if he was no longer able to earn footballers money in the not too distant future.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Sheffield Utd set to re-sign Ched Evans .’ is closed to new replies.