Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shedtrackworld: Architectural/planning design software on a budget?
  • andyl
    Free Member

Been cooking some ideas in my head for a ‘workshop’ I want to build when I find and can afford a small farm with some suitable land and want to get them drawn up so I can see my ideas and use it for motivation.

Looking for something aimed at doing basic building designs with a selection of construction textures and things like trees, grass etc? Doesn’t need to be very fancy with all the bells and whistles.

bencooper
    Free Member

Google Sketchup – free (unless you need posh stuff) and pretty powerful.

Klunk
    Free Member

lego

trail_rat
    Free Member

2H and paper.

andyl
    Free Member

lego – how I miss all mine in mums loft 🙁

ben – sketchup looks like it should do. The basic version for now. I like the google earth integration, will let me stick the workshop anywhere I am looking at 😀

mrbotticelli

Might be some useful information in this thread from a few days back.

Sketchup would be good for general big picture type stuff, but I struggled to use it when submitting plans for approval and ended up using SolidWorks which is free, although I see that the latest release has no Win XP support anymore.

Have fun and good luck finding that farm!

andyl
    Free Member

ahh I missed that thread from the other day.

Something like this place would do me for now: http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/26493694

Needs an Aga though.

A friend used to have her horse there and it’s now for sale. Think I need to aim for somewhere that’s more of a project though unfortunately 🙁

Some of my favourite riding on the hills you can see to the north in the photos.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shedtrackworld: Architectural/planning design software on a budget?’ is closed to new replies.