Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Sheds
  • cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I know it’s a regular topic, but companies come and go. Where should I be looking for a quality shed?

So far I’m close to buying a Beast Shed, but wondered if there was any other companies worth considering before I push the button.

Cheers.

nedrapier

wood or metal? secure?

or does it just need to stay up?

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Tigersheds , just bought a smallish one for putting the crap in and it’s gone together really well

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I got a shed custom made for a reasonable price. It was 13ft x 3ft with no windows to fill an awkward and useless space down the side of my house. It was a company in Birmingham called TM sheds. It’s seasoned timber and tongue and groove panels so pretty good. They did all the usual std sizes or custom sizes.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Seasoned timber – salt pepper and a bit of oregano ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Nice the beast shed that matches what we built at the weekend with timber from timber yard comes in at 1638 quid Im missing a trick.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-shed-build

john_drummer
    Free Member

mine (in trail_rat’s link) is a Shire Sheds “Alderney 7bi7”. I ordered it from http://www.worldstores.co.uk, just under £300 plus £20 delivery. I already had a concrete base so no need for the £100 optional shed base

this one: http://www.worldstores.co.uk/p/Shire_7ft_x_7ft_%282m_x_2m%29_Treated_Alderney_Double_Door_Shed.htm

sam_underhill

I’ve also just built a tiger sheds log cabin. They are a bit useless on the phone, but the cabin is great and everything arrived on time and went together without a hitch.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Cheers folks. Some good shed builds!

The beast shed may cost more, but I don’t have the skills, tools or inclination to make my own from scratch, so was considering a pre built one. They’ll also fit it too.

I’ll have a look at Tiger too.

Shed would need to be reasonably secure and wooden preferably.

trail_rat
    Free Member

the beast sheds do look good if you have the budget.

ill tell you now you wont get into the 1700 quid shed without cutting it up with a saw itll be a solid beast 😀

the uprated shiplap option (to 12 not the 20) and the tanalised floor bearers are definantly worth while.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Also plan to keep it long term, so will probably uproot it when I move, so might be worth the money in the long run??

Is 20mm not worth bothering with?

benjii19
    Free Member

+1 for Beast Sheds. mine is immense! 14×9

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

14×9?? That is the stuff of dreams, I’m looking at 8×6 😕

trail_rat
    Free Member

because its ship lap tongue and grove your not kicking your way through it once its nailed up – and what ever cuts through 12mm will cut through 20mm.

i wouldnt use 20mm unless i planned to live in it…..

8 – 12-20 – its better than most folks featherboard sheds

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, that knocks a good £150 off the cost which is good.

trail_rat
    Free Member

tanalised floor bearers are worth the extra cost though – they are the bits incontact with the floor/wet

john_drummer
    Free Member

…and it’s done!

Markie
    Free Member

Looks great! I’m assuming that’s a Beast? Torn between buying off the shelf and self-building – time for a costs spreadsheet, I guess!

granny_ring

If you do a self build expect to go over budget that’s what I’m finding anyway!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Wheres your wood coming from grannyring ? No reason to go over budget unless yours planning was poor 🙂

granny_ring

Planning, what’s that……? 🙂
    To be honest got some good deals on some bits but it the ‘extra’ bits and bobs that add up.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Extras as in bits not needed but your bought anyway ? Or bits you hadnt planned to need so became extras ?

granny_ring

Bit of both ie bad planning 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

mine’s not a beast. it’s an Alderney (sounds like it should be more of a womble than a beast).
    Off the shelf from World Stores

It’s a good size mind (7ft x 7ft). I paid £300 but IIRC that’s 40% off the list price. plus delivery. I built put it together myself with help from mrs_d

pjm84
    Free Member

TGB Sheds

wheelie

Homepages – ARIES

best value sheds for the quality i’ve seen.

wrecker
    Free Member

best value sheds for the quality i’ve seen.

Cost to deliver; please call to confirm
    I bet delivery to Brizzle from Yorkshire will be a bit stripey!
    Nice sheds though, I’d probably have bought one.

wheelie

Give them a ring or fill in there e form
    It was 450 for delivery and erection Southampton for a 19×9 but is based on size. Worth ringing them anyway

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Sheds’ is closed to new replies.