Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Shed roof leaking from screws – how to fix?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I have corrugated sheet fixed by those screws with a disc to seal the hole. I’ve got water coming in through about four of them. Should I just replace with new screws? Are there any better solutions?

Wally

flexacryl, worked for me.

nickjb
    Free Member

Its possible that the rubber washer is damaged or not properly fitted. New tek screws shouldn’t leak. Or loosen the screw and squirt in some sealant before tightening.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

Often what’s happened is the wind has caused the sheet to deform and the disks no longer under compression

Other reasons are cheapskate builders use the shitty nail versions of the same product – if it’s nails these should be replaced.

Other than that I’d give the screws a nip up by hand before I went mental with the sealants.

reeksy

… erm, are the screws in the valleys or on the peaks? If they’re in the valleys this is going to keep occurring.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Undo the screw a bit, apply a little butyl tape around the screw and retighten.

spekkie
    Free Member

Could also be the washers have perished/cracked a bit. A dab of silicone might cure it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.