Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Shed Queens : The bikes that you never ride
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/kygnzy] [/url]

Not ridden this much this year but the arrival of twin daughters has kinda paused my mountain biking. 😉

cazum
    Free Member

my mate has a giant mcm carbon bike thats like 17 years old his brother bought him it as a 16th birthday prezzy…. think its done like 100miles MAX since then!

richmtb

My Superlight barely get ridden, which is a shame as its a great bike.

I took it out the shed yesterday, bled the brakes, pumped up the tyres and sorted the gears.

Then I put it away!

GregMay
    Free Member

My trials bike. Hurt my wrist about 4 months ago and haven’t been back on it since. Despite riding many other bikes a lot. It irks me.

DT78
    Free Member

Ashamed to say my nomads not been used once since may 2012 alps trip 🙁 also got a nice hardtail too nice to commute but replaced by a 29er for racing. Really should put them up for sale….

bruceonabike
    Free Member

my Stumpy HT since I got a 456 Ti

aa
    Free Member

My Bontrager has probably done 25 miles in the last two years.

I’ll probably keep it forever even though my a la carte is a better bike, and more likely to be sold.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

My Carbon road bike by mid July had less than 100miles this year, flogged it and bought new Hope back wheel for my FS and a reverb. Spending the change in the Alps next week 😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

I sold a lot of bikes. I have no Shed Queens at the moment.

Good use for Strava though – confirming where the dead wood in the “fleet” is…

🙂

D0NK

bikes that you dont ride???? are you demented, who has ever heared of such a thing.

ton speaketh sense. Got a couple frames, some forks and the odd wheel or 3 languishing about the house doing nowt but no “bikes” 😆 The old BMX in the shed is closest to a full bike but it has no tyres and I won’t be replacing them until eldest* is big enough to ride it.

*or the youngest, whichever of them actually CBA to learn to ride a bike first 🙄

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

My Evil Sovereign no longer sees any use. Since I got a full sus ‘do it all’ bike, it’s not seen daylight. Shame really.

AlasdairMc

None at the moment. Each of my bikes gets ridden at least monthly, although I did have a purge recently and got rid of a hardtail and a CX. I almost regret not having the CX, but I barely rode it since I got my roadie and a 29er.

I still have a 2004 Enduro frame in my cupboard though – I’m saving it for when I have a house with a man cave, and it’s going on the wall then.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well according to all you’s lots descriptions of the bikes some of you own, I’m not suprosed you don’t ride em’, some are right darn Fugly (my Niner excluded 😛 )

😆

steve_b77
    Free Member

My Anthem 29’er, I’ve not ridden it since May and am seriously considering selling it

AdeC
    Free Member

this does not get ridden, its not even kept in the shed…

😀

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

AdeC, had one of those years back, nice bike but tell me how much elbow grease did you use to polish that one!

p.s. needs a red headset and then I’d complete. 😉

thewanderer
    Free Member

My Tandem is still sitting the box(es) I packed it in Rangoon, Burma in 2008 after 6 months and 7 countries. Ain’t being sold any time soon.. actually ever.. too many memories. Might be time to add some new ones though!

mt
    Free Member

My Merlin Works 4, Cotic Soda and Cotic X are all sat there doing nothing. It’s time they went.

adsh
    Free Member

Never mind bikes you don’t ride how about frames you don’t build……..

Enigma Eclair (or some other such stupid name) bought 2011, sold 2014.

Salsa Spearfish heading down that route.

stevied
    Free Member

This one at the moment 🙁 #1 doesn’t seem to bothered with it. #2 due Christmas so hoping she will be into it a bit more:

Yak

frames you don’t build……..

!! 😯 .
    We once had a thread where folk were measuring frame delivery to build time in hours, or a couple of evenings at most……

Stevied – I don’t understand – that is absolutely ace!

kimbers

my bmx cruiser

took it out for a few rides earlier in the year, to the wee jumps in the local park
    last time tried to jump down some steps nearby, tyres were a bit low as id just pulled it out of the shed on a whim, it all went very wrong, double pinch flat, pedal to the shins and bent my thumb back

threw in the shed in disgus, i keep meaning to get it out again

mamadirt
    Free Member

Papadirt’s Hoss gets ridden regularly – once yearly outing 😆 Anything else gets ebayed the moment it falls out of favour (happens quite a lot 😳 ) but I have owned this little fella for almost 2 years now and only ridden it twice . . . freakin’ death trap – lives on the kitchen worktop . . . yes, really.

1-shed
    Free Member

Now put my Shed Queen in the classifieds so anyone want to swap their mountain bike for a carbon road bike?

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

My Enduro… Work commitments scuppered my planned Alps and BPW trips and now its raining again >.<

If i didnt think it was just the upgradeitis talking i would prolly sell it and the soul frame to fund a mid travel FS frameset.

mattsccm
    Free Member

My 06 Spec Enduro Elite hasn’t been out of the garden since Dec 10.
    The Genesis Io has done about 10 miles to the pub, over several trips, in the last year.
    How about we do some saps. Anyone want either?
    What you got?

Haven’t got a hardtail or enough things with 700c wheels.

spawnofyorkshire

@stevied
    That sucks, that balance bike is one of the best projects I’ve seen on stw
    Hopefully #2 will go for it

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Shed Queens : The bikes that you never ride’ is closed to new replies.