• This topic has 350 replies, 101 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 351 total)
  • she does it right
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not from the offending site but probably coming soon

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Coming from the world of motocross I find the recent surge of Unit Tee’s offensive. It makes me embarrassed to be part of the scene when I see middle aged beer bellied blokes wondering around the pits wearing things like this (one of the tamer ones IMO)-

[/url] image by blogs15, on Flickr[/img]

Houns

T shirt hell is good for those who want to get their m&s y fronts in a twist

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Best show us your T-shirt collection then 🙂

Houns

The high school shooting tour one was my personal fave. But that’s my sick sense of humour

(I don’t wear t shirts. Clothing for the hard of thinking/un stylish)

*grenade pin pulled, legs it*

cinnamon_girl

So … are these t shirts worn to indicate sexual prowess … or rather lack of it? 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

no idea but normally in a size that allows for a beer belly big enough to need a mirror to see one’s genitals.

binners

I suppose wearing owt like that serves the same purpose as reading a copy of Nuts. It sends a clear message out to the world that somewhere between your ears lurks a very lonely brain cell.

Houns

My leopard print thong indicates my sexual prowess. Grrrrrrr

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member
    So … are these t shirts worn to indicate sexual prowess … or rather lack of it?

Haha, well one of the lads I know who used to wear that “nice legs” one just used to hang about on his own in the corner of the pub by the fruit machine. Playing it cool I think. He did actually get a lass pregnant though, so maybe it did work.

wrecker
    Free Member

(I don’t wear t shirts. Clothing for the hard of thinking/un stylish)

Weird. A plain, nice fitting tee and quality jeans is very stylish IMO. Maybe I’m hard of thinking! 😀

cinnamon_girl

Would be interesting to hear whether any girlies on here have experienced unwanted comments on the trails.

Reckon I’ve been pretty lucky, to be fair. Was patronised on a trail once this year but considering the majority of the time I’m on my own, never had a problem. Of course that could be down to being no oil painting and not having mahoosive boobs. 😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

quote]Weird. A plain, nice fitting tee and quality jeans is very stylish IMO. Maybe I’m hard of thinking! [/quote]

Yup, I agree. Something like the below. Well fitted with a stylish pattern.

Houns

T shirts and jeans can never be stylish. They can be fashionable but never stylish.

anyway, lets get back to the boobies

Houns

Ive been patronised by women before on the trails 😀

Northwind

cinnamon_girl – Member

Was patronised on a trail once this year

You’re doing better than me then! Think this is largely a bellendism issue rather than a sexism issue.

wrecker
    Free Member

😀
    WHERE ARE HIS TATTS????

T shirts and jeans can never be stylish.

I’d say the same about blazers. Each to his own.

crikey
    Free Member

Sure you wouldn’t like this T-shirt Houns?

I bought it about 20 years ago… Same print on the back..

Houns

Nope. Don’t like it. Would only wear it to sleep in on a very cold night

crikey
    Free Member

Then I shall flounce off to the pub in it; I ironed it specially to take the photo!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nope. Don’t like it. Would only wear it to sleep in on a very cold night

Around the land, women sigh in despair as their illusions of Houns sleeping naked, with a liberal dousing of Brut 33, are shattered.

Houns

Flounce away good sir 😀

convert

Is there not a tiny irony that the Tshirt in the vid must have been ‘customized’ to maximise the visual appeal of the, errr, assets? Their off-the-shelf T shirts don’t seem to offer up quite the same viewing opportunities. So this is a tshirt company advertising Tshirts using a shirt they don’t sell.

Houns

I sleep wearing YSL Jazz and short silk kimono dressing gown

emsz
    Free Member

I like those tees, it make the idiots easy to spot.

Never really been hassled on the mountain bike, mostly as I ride with my dad, I’m generally head to toe in something disgusting I’ve fallen in, I’m in some manky polyester football shirt borrowed off my brother.

It’s sort of pathetic, the whole “sex sells” thing, but it’ll never go away.

collinstiffee
    Free Member

It doesn’t give enough mountain biking and it objectifies women as just a frame to hang breasts on.
    Objectification regardless on which sex it is focused is a bit naff. A camera just filming down a female’s top seems a bit immature and childish as are all the rubbish arguments about woman taking control and other such post feminist fiction. Whether the rider likes to do this or not it reflects more fully on the gender as a whole (no jokes, puns, or removal of letters) and chips away at the attempts to get past page 3 type objectification.
    I can still see a woman, find her attractive and upon conversing confirm or refute the original view point. but to reduce a human being to an object of pleasure with no room for dialogue or discourse, regardless on whether they are a willing party to this, is pretty sad.

Houns

It’ll only go away when sex stops selling. Now imagine how stw would react if you and your partner did some sort of video for on one/jones/cotic/salsa/orange

no comments about hummers, Italian bj’s, handjobs etc yet?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

collinstiffee – Member

ok I lost the moral high ground when Colin Stiffee turned up 😳

chip
    Free Member

There is currently a tv advert for libertie yogurt.
    Where a handsome woman visits her gentleman friend in prison wearing a most revealing top.

I immediately thought that the advertisers had sunk to very backward lazy advertising.
    But that said it certainly got and continues to get my attention.

And if she had been dressed more conservatively and you had asked me about said yogurts I probably would have replied never heard of them as yogurts don’t normally get my attention but shamefully a beautifully formed bosom does.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Reading this thread I am reminded of my wife’s comment regarding why she enjoys mountain biking so much. Some time ago she said that she found it empowering, when she puts on her riding gear and helmet and completes a downhill run, she was just a mountain biker and enjoyed the fact that for that time she was defined by what she does rather than what she is.

That video makes me a bit sad.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It almost looks to me as if that video is a joke being played on male mountain bikers, as it is so blatant.

I think a more subtle version aimed at emphasizing that this is a female that is mountain biking, rather than a female homogonised into a male ‘form-factor’ might have some validity.

emac65
    Free Member

The video has had people rattling on about F.A. for 5 pages now…….. 🙄

cinnamon_girl

Ive been patronised by women before on the trails

Did you get off on that Houns? 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Maybe I’m hard of thinking!

So hard you appear to have doubts 😉

The video has had people rattling on about F.A. for 5 pages now

It was just a prelude to your insightful and wise comment.
    Thanks

emac65
    Free Member

It was just a prelude to your insightful and wise comment.
    Thanks

Probably the only one on here too……

Houns

cinnamon_girl – MemberIve been patronised by women before on the trailsDid you get off on that Houns? 

yes, but not as much as I do with your posts ;0)

vickypea
    Free Member

I’m not “horrified” by this video, but I find it annoying and I just don’t get it. If the rider in question is happy to be reduced to being a pair of tits for the world to ogle, that’s her choice but I think it was an unwise and disappointing choice.

In response to cinnamon girl’s question – no I have never experienced anyone patronising me while out on the trails. In fact I had some admiring comments recently from 3 men at the speed I rode up a technical climb. I’m not a fantastic rider, but I have never noticed any sexism from other riders or anything negative at all. I really enjoy the MTB environment and I just think a faceless pair of boobs in a low cut t shirt does nothing for women.

cinnamon_girl

yes, but not as much as I do with your posts ;0)

Ooooooh, don’t encourage me. 😉

😆

clareymorris

It’s really encouraging to see some posts from men about this actually getting what women (and men too) are getting upset about. It’s easy to say women are being uptight and it’s all a bit of fun. Take a look at this website – The Everyday Sexism project. Real experiences of all levels of sexism from mild comments to rape.

Every Day Sexism Project

tazzymtb

*wind whistles through the void of Tazzies Skull, disturbing tumbleweeds ..in the distance the sound of s lone brain cell weeping*

I must find time to wear other things than T shirts as apparently a mans visual appearance is ok to comment upon and make judgements about mental capacity etc..yet to look a the female frontaqe with a tongue firmly in cheek is gross exploitation…

double flippin standards folks!

either never make a comment about anyone appearance, ladies you can’t find men attractive or say so or ever have a dignified ladylike letc;

and men, no more looking at ladies ever, or commenting upon how lovely you partner looks etc..

and no boy on boy or girl on girl appreciation either.

I believe in equality not misandry or puritanical hysteria dressed up as feminism.

The species is dependant upon finding each other bits really quite interesting, it’s biological and even in matriarchal societies folks still look at each others bits so its not purely a cynical construct of a misogynistic system intent on reinforcing gender stereotypes ..maybe get over it a bit and embrace your inner animal (within a socially acceptable and gender neutral boundaries of course)

…so perhaps a little guilty though whilst supping on half caf skinny moccaflippychino and trying to be all PC may not end up with you burning in the fiery pits of a potentially not existent hell (although science would suggest the afterlife may not exist and the likelihood of deities of any denomination is slim, it would be remiss of me to make any comment which may be deemed as derogatory or degrading to any other human, well hominid as there may be some big foot or something which sort of count as well?)

do boy big foot look at lady big foots fury bouncy bits and have a similar crisis I wonder?

civilisation

my arse x

Edit: bloomin heck nicotine withdrawal makes me random 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 351 total)

The topic ‘she does it right’ is closed to new replies.