Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • ‘Sharp Objects’
  • DezB
    Free Member

Just watched this on Sky Atlantic (well, off me Sky box) – wow. That is quality TV. Recommended viewing for those watchers of fine telly amongst ya. I don’t think it’s available to binge which might upset some. (Although, there’s always a source somewhere on the stinky web isn’t there?!)

Also ‘Get Shorty’ – Chris O’Dowd is brilliant. Sky have em all up to binge on if you’re that way inclined too.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Quick synopsis for the idle amongst us please.

sirromj

<div class=”summary_text”>A reporter confronts the psychological demons from her past when she returns to her hometown to cover a violent murder.</div>

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ta, recorded (Sat re-run)

DezB
    Free Member

^^ yeah that.

Amy Adams plays the reporter. She’s awesome.

and there’s all sorts of creepy flashbacks and strange words scratched in places and glimpses of weird things and freaky edit cuts.. it really is quite marvellous.

DezB
    Free Member

Oh and  Get Shorty is based on that film from about 10-15 years ago that had John Travolta and Danny DeVito in it IIRC which was based on the fab book by the awesome Elmore Leonard (RIP). Coen Brothers-esq one might say.

CountZero

Been getting a lot of good reviews, not been watching very much telly of late, looks like it’s worth recording and doing a bit of a binge watch over a few nights. Ta for the reminder.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ta for that too..

rene59
    Free Member

As it’s only 8 episodes long and being a mini-series I think I’ll keep this until it’s finished to binge it.

DrJ

Another thumbs up from the J household.

rene59
    Free Member

Oh and Get Shorty is based on that film from about 10-15 years ago that had John Travolta and Danny DeVito in it

23 years ago believe it or not!

lambchop
    Free Member

Enjoyed it. Been off sick this week with some weird energy sapping flu like chest thing. So watched Alias Grace and the Alienist. Just started The Sinner. Still really snotty with a temp and dizziness, so can see another day of Netflix tomorrow.

Can’t remember the last time I had a week off work sick. Think it was when schools programmes were on during the day then.

DezB
    Free Member

15? 23? ah years all blur when you get to my age 😀

Must be 25 since I read the book! blimey.

rone

Good so far. But I’ve only seen one.

Got all the ingredients.

If you haven’t seen the Sinner check that out too

DezB
    Free Member

Oh yeah, forgot to mention – great use of music too: The Acid and Led Zep featured well in the first one.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Watched two episodes so far. Anti e else struggling to hear what people are saying at various times. Loving it but that’s a serious sticking point at the moment

rone

Grrr. Must not turn off before all the end credits have done.

The ending is not what I thought it was! Crazy they did it like this!

Well acted, but very uneven. Character piece rather than a murder mysyemy.

chipster

Bookmarked.

DezB
    Free Member

struggling to hear what people are saying at various times.

I did occasionally put the subtitles on!

Ending wasn’t perfect, but I loved that series, Amy Adams and the editor were the stars! Brilliantly done. The last one.. hmm, but I was more tense than a tense thing for a good half an hour, even though I knew  it was a bit silly!

IHN

Grrr. Must not turn off before all the end credits have done.

Eh, what, have I missed something?

sbob
    Free Member

Character piece rather than a murder mysyemy.

Spoiler alert: Covfefe did it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

You definitely need to re watch…

And I’m glad I wasn’t the only one using the subtitles.

mrb123
    Free Member

In terms of acting, production and script this was a superior piece of television.

The last 15 minutes or so leading up to the big final twist did feel a little rushed but the mid credits scenes were suitably brutal.

DezB
    Free Member

Eh, what, have I missed something?

I reckon you have… like, er, the ending! They went and did a Marvel (sort of).

wukfit
    Free Member

Was there more after the dolls house floor? (Trying not to spoil)

mrb123
    Free Member

Yes, a short montage of flashback scenes during the credits and then a final shot after the credits.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s here

Linked rather than embedded so it doesn’t SPOIL for those who don’t want to see the end!

https://youtu.be/6RbtKZuvg10&#8221;

Maybe they thought the end was a little too cryptic, needed some explanation, so added those scenes as an after thought…

mrb123
    Free Member

There are also some decent articles online explaining what the credits scenes actually show as they do flash past rather quickly.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘‘Sharp Objects’’ is closed to new replies.