Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sharing Laptop Screen with TV
  • NJA

We have a TV screen in our office and I would like to use it as a display for presentations that are on my laptop. It is an early Smart TV so is connected to the same network as the compute, but has no screen sharing app installed.

Without using wires, is there a way that I can share the screen from my laptop on the TV? Would a chromecast or something like that work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, and yes I know that I am not very tech savvy and it is probably really simple.

oceanskipper

There are various ways of trying to achieve that but if it’s on a corporate network and you are not very “tech savvy” then I think this may do what you want…

thols2

Yes, if it has an HDMI input, you can use the wireless display adaptor, as above. Any newish Windows laptop or Android phone should be able to connect. Not sure about Apple stuff though.

Cougar

Depends a) what inputs the TV has and b) what outputs the laptop has.

Windows 10 has “connect to a wireless display” built-in, but I’ve never used it. I’d expect it’d need something smarter at the other end though.

thols2

Windows 10 has “connect to a wireless display” built-in, but I’ve never used it. I’d expect it’d need something smarter at the other end though.

It needs a Miracast adaptor on the other end. The Microsoft Wireless adaptor does that, you plug it into an HDMI port, but it also needs power from a USB cable. They work fine for doing presentations but they’re too laggy to use as a regular monitor. Android phones or tablets should be able to connect, but I don’t think Apple support Miracast.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/microsoft-wireless-display-adapter/8vwdj9bd9xlz

Cougar

Ah, sweet.

As STW thinks that Amazon links are for Kindle books, I thought that was a sender rather than a receiver.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sharing Laptop Screen with TV’ is closed to new replies.