Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Sharing a name with someone (in)famous….
  • oldtennisshoes

At school I had a friend Glenn Miller

I did some work in Milwaukee in 1995. I had a work colleague called Glen, we went on the Miller beer brewery tour. As we were exiting through the gift shop, he was commenting how this was so cool because his surname was Miller.

I looked at him in astonishment and he said ‘oh you know about the band leader?’.
    I said of course, he said that very few Americans of his age knew who Glen Miller was 🤷‍♂️

tuboflard

In the real world I’m Timothy Taylor. So I either get beer gags, get “Brooke” and Goodies gags (for those of a certain age) or in the US and Canada “Toolman” gags. All bases covered.

MoreCashThanDash

In the real world I’m Timothy Taylor. So I either get beer gags, get “Brooke” and Goodies gags (for those of a certain age) or in the US and Canada “Toolman” gags. All bases covered.

We have a winner!

crazyjenkins01

I have the same name as an American Golfer, Labour Politian, and MMA fighter. At least 2 of which most people have heard of

40mpg

I share my name with a former Portsmouth football player. Being from Southampton that always rankled, and delighted pompey colleagues.

One of our directors has the surname Hindley. His wife is Moira, a bit too close for comfort as she uses her maiden name 😂

J-R

I share my name with an Egyptologist who was slightly famous for a few years in the 1980s through a series of TV programs.

A few months ago when donating blood, one of the staff said I was his winning entry on famous name bingo – apparently some of them play a game where they spot donors with “famous” names. It must have been a pretty low bar that day.

poolman
    Free Member

I used to live on Walt Disney rd, here in Spain calle Walt Disney, I reckon 90% of times I gave the address the other person laughed and asked if I was Mickey mouse. Then usually, ha ha, where do you really live.

So to everyone with a famous name, thoughts with you it must drive you mad. Also, I reckon everyone who makes a joke really thinks they are the first person to say it.

ChrisL

My gran was called Doris Day.

downshep

In my traffic polis days, I attended a road crash between a local panda car and a Vitara driven by a small Chinese chap. While taking his details, I thought I was mishearing him and asked to see his licence, sure enough, real name was King Kong. My Inspector thought I was taking the piss when I updated him that a panda had hit King Kong on Garscube Rd.

Cougar

The closest I get is sharing a forename with a screwdriver and surname with a town.

Shame it’s not the other way around, you could’ve been Accrington Stanley.

kayak23

I used to share a house with a Jamaican bloke called Barrington Levy.

I think he spent a lot of time saying ‘no, not that one…’

Blackflag
    Free Member

I work with a Robert Brown but he just goes by Bobby Brown, I suppose that’s his perogative

Well played.

reluctantjumper

No-one famous shares my name that I know of but it did come as a surprise sitting in the cinema when one of the characters in one of the Bourne films was my name. Even down to the surname having no S at the end. It was rather surreal when all your friends turn round and stare at you in the cinema then start laughing. What’s even more annoying though is that one of my friends sent me a clip of one of the ‘Making of’ that film and the voiceover essentially says they made the name up as it sounded so pathetic and bland. It was on an old phone so long lost but ever since I’ve had a dislike of Matt Damon.

As I used to work in a theatre bar I can sort of claim to have worked with a lot of people with famous names, but that doesn’t really count.

a11y

I share a name with an ex-footballer who when playing for Killie scored the match-winner against Rangers, stopping them winning 10 championships in a row and effectively handing it to Celtic.

Not a popular time to share that name and be working frontline in a bank in Glasgow city centre. Well, half the time at least.

ElVino

actually remembering back I went to school with a Paddy Power, bookies didn’t exist then. We thought it was funny as 2 most popular whiskeys in irish pubs back then were Paddy & Power

oldnick

Where I used to work a van driver damaged a cantilever car port, the sales guy from the car port company was Mick Jagger.

Rich_s

At school I had a friend Glenn Miller

One of my favouriteist ever jokes from a few years back was whenever Ed Miliband or David Miliband were in the news, I’d always mention the third brother… Glenn.

Sadly the hit rate was about 1 in 10 with that one.

I’m still giggling 😁😂

martymac

I used to work with hans christian anderson.
    And roy rogers, he was a forklift driver, and he had trigger painted on the side of his forklift.
    Both funny as ****.

theotherjonv

One of my favouriteist ever jokes from a few years back was whenever Ed Miliband or David Miliband were in the news, I’d always mention the third brother… Glenn.

Surely Steve?

Not a famous name per se, but a school mum friend of ours. Maiden name Kerry Taylor, married Matthew Oakey

She opted to double barrel it instead of being Kerry Oakey

reeksy

hans christian anderson.

I went to school with a Christian Hans Anderson – i guess his parents thought that was funny…

antigee

Nasty experience today for a guy in WA (Western Australia) same name as guy arrested for abducting a 4 year old…Facebook scraping journalism..

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/seven-west-apologises-for-wrongfully-identifying-man-over-cleo-smith-s-abduction-20211104-p5960h.html

Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Sharing a name with someone (in)famous….’ is closed to new replies.