• This topic has 118 replies, 68 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by tdog.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)
  • Shared Access (House) Being Blocked With A Fence
  • spooky_b329

I think I’d be keeping my bin where it is, and tipping all my rubbish and garden waste over his fence.

Do none of the households have legal protection on their house insurance that will assist? Even BC or Cycling UK may help a member if it means you can’t get your bikes round the back.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Boy racers and gangs of youths isn’t it.

Nope it’s always middle-aged/old bile filled gammons. Two generations of self righteous arseholes!

The best one’s are the **** that mess with shared accesses when houses (such crude language investment properties) are vacant or take advantage of tenants not knowing their rights!

It’s so British to go around requisitioning space that’s not your’s then trying to add restrictions.

eddie11
    Free Member

I’d be trying to get the police involved antisocial behavior and local councilor, if it’s going up at the pace you say it is 9 houses won’t be able to get their bins out by next bin day that’s a health hazard.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Or just install your own lock on ‘his’ gate. If it’s illegal for you to saw down his fence then presumably it’s illegal for him to cut your lock off.

I reckon you should totally do this, easier and cheaper than the whole fence. Padlocks are really cheap as well, especially that there’s 9 of you 🙂

Seriously, what an utter ****. There’s ALWAYS one isn’t there, most people rub along nicely but it only takes one miserable bastard to make life difficult for no reason.

As said, this will knock massive value from your property, as plenty of people don’t want a garden which can only be accessed through the house. Make sure your neighbours are well aware of this as it should firm up support. Also good advice up there on indemnity insurance for recent buyers. Any new neighbours recently?

grum
    Free Member

People are weird aren’t they, things like this make me despair for humanity.

I would actually just cut it down, what a ****.

Nope it’s always middle-aged/old bile filled gammons.

This.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Here’s what I would do…….

Send him a recorded delivery letter with copies of the all the deeds, about 3 quid per plot from the LR, usually has a drawing, sometimes highlighted in red showing access rights. Word it in the correct legal fashion (no insults or other waffle) making it clear he has no right to prevent/restrict access to said properties and show it has been cc’d to a solicitor.

Harry_the_Spider

Send him a recorded delivery letter with copies of the all the deeds, about 3 quid per plot from the LR, usually has a drawing, sometimes highlighted in red showing access rights. Word it in the correct legal fashion (no insults or other waffle) making it clear he has no right to prevent/restrict access to said properties and show it has been cc’d to a solicitor.

This^

Then in a year or so get someone to beat ***k out of him*.

* Don’t do this.

oldschool

If he doesn’t listen to reason, I’d wait until it was finished then pull the fence panel over between him and the first neighbour where the gate should be. While muttering about how stiff this new gate is. Then leave the fence panel propped up with a note saying the hinges must have been stiff and it fell off.

funkmasterp

Piss on his dog, burn his sausages, freeze his wife and hammer baby robins in to his lawn.

footflaps

I live in a terrace of houses with shared access across neighbours gardens. We’re in the middle so don’t have access across ours, we have access past the neighbours kitchen on one side to get to the side passage leaving to the street. Slightly odd layout, normally access it as the ends of the gardens but for out terrace it right along the back of the houses at the start of the garden – which is more intrusive.

Here is a friend driving a mini digger past the back of the neighbours house into our garden..

[url=https://flic.kr/p/daa9UP]Gate #2[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

Our neighbour on the other side has access across 4 houses to get out. Many years ago they got blocked off by their neighbour blocking the gate – it ended up in court and they regained access with all fees paid by the losing party. The losing party is still there are hasn’t tried the same trick again, although he’s a lot older now and has mellowed a lot with age.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

although he’s a lot older now and has mellowed a lot with age

Should have been birched, then National Service, then birched again, then hung.

Cougar

suspect my bins will get relocated in a neighbouring county or even a waste skip

I’d suggest given that soon you will have no other access to get them out, you and the other eight houses relocate your bins into his/her front garden right now.

I would literally stand in the way so the joiner couldn’t put the fence up.

Do you also think digital watches are a pretty neat idea? (-:

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Just climb over with the bins in a “it’s a knockout” style each week

I’d also try and get a letter before action out to him and the fencing company. It may stop them.

stevied
    Free Member

Get Nick Frost round:

NZCol

That’s a bit annoying. I used to have my neighbours park all over my access , they had right of access across my driveway but not right to park. They’d block me in and all sorts. I got really fed up with it but one night his car got nicked and he was absolutely convinced I had stolen it ! I hadn’t but it clearly made him sh1t himself that I would do that so I remained silent on the matter.

joat

Could it be a fire escape? Could you ask a local station MASTER? around? This would carry a lot of weight if it’s the only means of escape from the rear of the properties.

bruneep

Could you ask a local station MASTER

Is there a rail track running through his garden as well, how unfortunate is that.

tagnut69
    Free Member

burn the ***ker down.

tjagain

IIRC if you find a blocked path / right o9f way you have the right to unblock it. Not certain tho. If so would this apply here?

monksie
    Free Member

Update (now I’ve been reminded). The guy has now decided that he is going to remove a fence panel at 8:00am each weekday morning so that we can step over the concrete base to get in and out and he’s going to put the fence panel back at 8:00pm each week day evening. We are to knock on his back door between these hours if we need help to lift bins over etc.
    Weekends will be “During the day”. He’s making it harder for burglars apparently. High Peak council were not interested. One of the care agencies for a very elderly neighbour are looking in to what they can do. I get more annoyed every time I look at it.

doomanic

He knows he’s in the wrong and is hoping this concession will be enough to keep his fence, keep gnawing at that bone.

johndoh
    Free Member

The guy has now decided that he is going to remove a fence panel at 8:00am each weekday morning so that we can step over the concrete base to get in and out and he’s going to put the fence panel back at 8:00pm

What happens when he is on holiday (apart from ripping the whole lot out obviously)?

oldschool

Update (now I’ve been reminded). The guy has now decided that he is going to remove a fence panel at 8:00am each weekday morning so that we can step over the concrete base to get in and out and he’s going to put the fence panel back at 8:00pm each week day evening. We are to knock on his back door between these hours if we need help to lift bins over etc.
    Weekends will be “During the day”. He’s making it harder for burglars apparently. High Peak council were not interested. One of the care agencies for a very elderly neighbour are looking in to what they can do. I get more annoyed every time I look at it.

The bloke’s clearly a full, weapons grade Whopper.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

monksie
    Free Member

The situation is ridiculous and it can’t carry on like this.

Cougar

Has he never heard of gates? He could put a gate in, get ten keys cut, job jobbed.

If he’s planning on lifting out fence panels every week whatever the weather it’s hardly an anti-burglary security measure. Besides which, my understanding was that the full fence was between him and the other properties – does he think you are going to burgle him?

Lifting bins? Is this “concrete base” not something you can roll a bin over? I’m assuming one of those concrete post affairs then?

singletrackmind

My bins have to out by 0700
    I appreciate you might have different bin men
    What if you leave for work at 0630 and want to put your bin out then, door knock at 0630 is rather rude

No good, its got to be 2 x gates 20 x keys or combination locks, try not be fobbed off with this lifting out 2 panels every single day, its sounds like utter tosh to me.
    Dealing with a holes is very trying, its hard not to be dragged down to their level.

aP
    Free Member

Walks out of back door. Gets bin. Strolls down all of the other gardens. Gets to idiot’s fence. Picks up bin chucks it over fence. Chambers over fence. Pick up bin, maybe not all the bits that have fallen out of it. Strolls across garden to the next fence. Chucks bin over the next fence. Leaves it for bin men. Climbs back over fence. Walks back over garden to the next fence. Climbs over that. Good home.
    That evening. Repeat in reverse.
    If you could get all of your neighbors to do the same thing every week, I think that fence might get removed.

tuboflard

I’d be banging on his door at 6am every morning saying you need to wheel your bike out for your daily constitutional.

Houns

I’d be climbing over the fence as often as possible. I’d also be going for some late night rides and coming back at 2am banging on his door for him allow you access. I’d also stand and watch as he lifted the panel and your bin. What a tosser

bedmaker

Polite note explaining that what he is doing is massively antisocial, tied to a brick and delivered through a shut window.

Honestly, the world would just be a better place without some folk in it. If someone is a temporary knob because they’ve had a bad day, fair enough. This sort of behaviour is something else altogether.

tjagain

I’d just be removing the fence panels and putting them in his garden. You have a legal right to access. Thats it.

singletrackmind

Compromise is an agreement where everyone leaves the table dissatisfied so….

Ok have your fence, but no concrete gravel board ad you cannot lift your wheey bin due to old war wounds

And a written agreement that any neighbour can remove the panels s from 0700 to 2000hrs. So if he is having a lie in after a night on the Stella anyone can / will open the. 2 panels, same of an evening. He wants to mark his territory with fences and really does not want anyone any near his property, despite the deeds and historical access rights.
    Actually the guy sounds like such a wgbe that you could open up and pop down the shops and come back 20 minutes later to find the panels in and faffage needed to get back home.
    Screw that, burn the thing down

Cougar

its got to be 2 x gates 20 x keys or combination locks,

“Keyed alike” locks is a thing. But combination locks is a very good shout.

Cougar

High Peak council were not interested

Really, this is the door you need to be kicking down. Make them interested, it’s their job. What have the other properties had to say? It’s harder to ignore nine complaints than one.

MoreCashThanDash

Councillor, MP, local paper…..

singlespeedstu

I’d just be removing the fence panels and putting them in his garden.

I’d do this too TJ.
    What I’d also do is wait until he was out and cut the panel 2″ shorter so when he tries to put it back in it’s to short for the gap.

ads678

Do you also think digital watches are a pretty neat idea? (-:

Not sure what you’re getting at really, probably just being a **** for the sake of it, but yeah some are great. This is mine…

[url=https://postimages.org/]pic hosting[/url]

FB-ATB

We are to knock on his back door between these hours if we need help to lift bins over etc.

You should co-ordinate with your neighbours. 1st person knocks, does bin, then leave it a few mins when he’s sat back down and then 2nd person does it and so on.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I work standby. Can get called out any time of day or night. I’d be getting back in the wee small hours and realising I’ve only taken the key for the back door.

Or, my alarm on sets for an exit out the back door. Is he willing to pay an engineer to come and reprogram my alarm?

I can see we’re all trying to keep reasonably civilised, but this does sound like the sort of situation where he should be offered some fist pie.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Shared Access (House) Being Blocked With A Fence’ is closed to new replies.