Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Share dealing.
  • grim168
    Free Member

Just about to sell some of my company share scheme shares and thought I’d stick some money in an account to make my fortune/ lose the lot. What online companies are people using to trade in uk.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Hargreaves Landsdown.

nickjb
    Free Member

Are you actually interested in running round like Gordon Gekko shouting “Buy, Buy, Sell!” or do you just want to make a few quid? The easy/boring option is to buy a fund or a tracker and leave it to steadily rise (with a few dips along the way). Should comfortably beat inflation and savings interest, although that still isn’t guaranteed

IHN

do you just want hope to make a few quid?

Anyway, to answer the question, William Hill or Paddy Power.

hols2
    Free Member

null

irc

AS above, unless interested in trading individual shares then either a fund or tracker. For direct online investing The Vanguard funds are probably the lowest cost trackers out there. I put 10K in the LifeStrategy 80 in Nov 2018. Up 17% at the moment.

LifeStrategy® 80% Equity Fund – Accumulation

https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/

A fund you can invest in directly online is Fundsmith. Not a tracker. THe philosophy is invest in a small number of good compaanies and hold. They have outperformed tracker funds over the last 10 years. I have had cash in there since 2010.

https://www.fundsmith.co.uk/fund-factsheet

Either way its good practise to split savings among a few places. Even trackers can be diversified by choosing funds with different geographical splits etc.

surfer
    Free Member

Depends on how often you want to trade as some are cheaper for frequent traders some for non frequent traders, also if you want to incorporate a SIPP etc also some base costs on the size of your fund etc so its worth doing a bit of investigation. MSE.co.uk may help with a comparison.

frankconway

HL – the company who continued pushing Woodford when his funds were clearly failing?

footflaps

HL – the company who continued pushing Woodford when his funds were clearly failing?

And who were also dumping all their Woodford stock at the same time as telling their clients to buy?

Yep, those utter tossers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Share dealing.’ is closed to new replies.