Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Shane Warne RIP!
  • mboy
    Free Member

Yes, seriously… 😔

The GOAT, an absolute legend of the game!

And to think last week they were discussing rumours he might be angling for the role of England Head coach sooner than later… 😭

RIP Shane! You will be greatly missed!

joelowden

😳.. Absolute legend…

Pook

spacemonkey

Was just about to post this.

Absolute legend, character and one of a kind.

Watched his docu on Prime a few weeks ago and it did a great job showing his upbringing and how he nearly took a very different path in life. He looked so well too.

Gone way too early.

RIP Shane.

MoreCashThanDash

Rodney Marsh died overnight as well.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Strewth!

Poor bugger. Too many of Graham Gooch’s wife’s biscuits!

fazzini

RIP Shane Warne
    RIP Rodney Marsh too

yetidave
    Free Member

RIP

A legend, Too young.

convert

Bugger.

That’s two aussie cricketing legends in a day. Both at the absolute pinnacle of the game and also true characters.

Can’t believe it.

jamj1974

Wtf!!!

pk13

What!!!
    52 just shocking
    Rip fella

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Gatting is probably still wondering how that ball got him out.

Warne was great for the sport. Legend.

avdave2

That’s two aussie cricketing legends in a day.

It’s a collapse of English proportions!

RIP to both, Australia will need a day of mourning.

Houns

Jeeshh 😔

jimmy

Too many of Graham Gooch’s wife’s biscuits!

This was my first thought!

ads678

52! Thats awful. RIP deffo the GOAT.

MoreCashThanDash

Too many of Graham Gooch’s wife’s biscuits!

This was my first thought!

I’m wondering why Putin is assassinating Aussie cricket legends.

grum
    Free Member

RIP Shane, absolute legend and I even quite enjoyed his broadcasting some of the time!

I don’t think that story about the wife/biscuits etc is correctly attributed to Shane Warne/Gooch though.

mboy
    Free Member

Gatting is probably still wondering how that ball got him out.

If the English Cricket media just HAS to get Mike Gatting to deliver a eulogy to Shane Warne on everyone over here’s behalf… Anyone else and it wouldn’t feel quite right!

Poor bugger. Too many of Graham Gooch’s wife’s biscuits!

Dunno how true (my dad is prone to elaboration at the best of times), but supposedly Botham and Warnes playing careers did overlap slightly (albeit not at test level)… The story goes that Shane Warne goes up to Botham as he comes out to bat and says “Hey Beefy, how’s your wife, and how are my kids?”…

Botham supposedly replied “Wife’s fine, kids are all morons though” 😂

I can imagine Warne laughing at the comeback. Thing is he gave it out better than anyone, but would always deeply respect anyone who could give it back!

EDIT: It was Rod Marsh (RIP) that said that to Botham… Not Warney… And it is true!

tthew

IIRC, the biscuit sledging was.

Why are you so fat?

Because every time I finish **** your wife, she feeds me biscuits.

Don’t know who the protagonists were though.

nicko74

Ah Shane-o, absolute ripper mate.

Quite the shock, even given his hard partying lifestyle. Legend to the end!

stuhawk
    Free Member

Simply the best bowler the game has ever seen.
    Whenever I meet anyone called Shane I automatically hear Adam Gilchrists voice in my head with a supportive “great ball Shane” and the sound of his gloves banging together.
    RIP Legend of the game.

matt_bl
    Free Member

RIP Shane Warne. The best bowler ever, who brought leg spin back to life.

I must be a bit older than stuhawk, I just remember Ian Healy growling ‘bowling Warney’

martinhutch

Why are you so fat?

Because every time I finish **** your wife, she feeds me biscuits.

Eddo Brandes to Glenn McG

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

‘Bowling Shane’ is what I remember Gilchrist saying over and over in 2005!

What a player. And a bloke you’d go out for a pint or many with. RIP.

bfw

I used to drink at the same bar as him in the late 80’s in my local sports club where he was living and playing for the summer. God he could drink!

theotherjonv

I ‘met’ him once, he was doing a book signing or something behind the stands at Lords on a Friday of a Test Match. How someone can have that much charisma while just writing his name and chatting to the people passing by…..

mboy
    Free Member

Michael Vaughan has supposedly said “England would have won the 2005 Ashes 4:1 if Australia hadn’t had Warne”… I’m inclined to agree! After McGraths’s masterclass @ Lords, only 2 Aussies really seemed to turn up for the next 4 matches… Ricky Ponting and Shane Warne. Warnes performances with the bat that series were the stuff of legend, huge grit and determination to perform when it arguably wasn’t his job or responsibility to do so! But 40 wickets in 5 games… 96 wickets that calendar year (never been beaten!)… Staggering!

Just been out on my motorbike today with some mates, one of them said he played a game against Warne back when Warne was 19 and was over in England gaining experience and playing for a club team somewhere near Bristol… Said he was a real character already then, but an incredibly nice guy. The said “you could tell he was a cut above” to which I replied that he was a cut above anyone else at test level, never mind in English minor leagues club cricket! 😂

Some lovely words from Liz Hurley now too…

Edukator
    Free Member

When I saw the news I just thought “sad end to a great cricketer”. Having read the Guardian I’ve revised the “sad end” bit.

It is believed the last interaction he had was with staff from a massage shop who visited the villa.

“We got a request to do a massage at the villa around 4pm,” the owner of the shop, who asked not to be named, told the Guardian. “They ordered two masseusse. Warne ordered a Thai massage and he asked to focus on his back. He looked lively and happy. When it was done he gave a tip and thanked the masseuse.”

The Guardian don’t know how to spell masseuse or make it plural which confuses things a little but if you’ve got to go there are worse ways.

N.B. no need to report the post, I’ve done so to let the moderators decide if my post is in good humour or bad taste.

BoardinBob

At least any future visitors to said massage parlour will be aware that it has video cameras installed in the “massage” rooms.🤦‍♂️😂

jambourgie
    Free Member

Shane Warne goes up to Botham as he comes out to bat and says “Hey Beefy, how’s your wife, and how are my kids?”…

Botham supposedly replied “Wife’s fine, kids are all morons though”

😂

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Shane Warne RIP!’ is closed to new replies.