Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Shand rizello disc, anyone got one.
  • akira

Looking at getting disc road frame and quite fancy steel. Looked at Enigma and Mason but can’t find much about rizello apart from whats on the Shand website. Anyone tried one or seen one in the flesh?

seventy

I’ve got one! Maybe not the unbiased input you were looking for though!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4fHZxKlXR3/

akira

Very pretty, cant find anyone saying how it rides. Planning a build around r7000 and some 50mm carbons, Mason resolution gets amazing reviews and is a bit cheaper so that might just be edging it currently.

akira

Ah should have looked more closely at your Instagram name………been an internal routing sort of day so not with it. Think I’m over analysing now, small Rivello with Med length top tube would be ideal though.

seventy

Not sure if you’re aware or not but the Rizello includes full custom fit/sizing in the price. Although there are geometry charts, they’re really just for guidance.

As I said, not completely impartial but it really is a great ride. When I designed it, I wanted it to be proper fast road bike but still with the comfort of a steel frame.

I’m not sure if any have gone out for review yet. It’s not a huge seller for Shand, it’s a little different from what we’re normally known for but if you want something a little different that you can have input into things like fit/size as well as colours (30 standard colours, unlimited custom colours/designs), you can’t get much better. For colour and paint design inspiration you could take a look at our painters Instagram account :

https://www.instagram.com/paintedbyeuan/

akira

Yeah I’ve been all over the website, only thing I’m unsure of is cable routing. Think its internal for brakes and external full cable outer for gears? No more questions as it’s the weekend.

forked
    Free Member

I personally think this cable routing looks pretty knacker on a two thousand pound frame

Cable routing

Have a look at the Stelbel SB/03 disc, they’re really clean/tidy (probably the only steel bikes I’ve seen that suit disc brakes) and I recall they’re reasonably priced for a made in Italy frameset.

akira

After routing a super aero internal integrated stem bike for the wife I’m perfectly happy with easy simple cable routing. Full length gear outers or maybe just through the down tube pleases me greatly.

akira

Right ordered one, I’ll post some pics in 8-10 weeks. Spent ages trying to choose colour, went burnt orange eventually as metallic orange looked a bit too irn bru.

mulacs

Great! Will be well interesting to see 👍😅

Ben_H

I don’t have a Rizello, but I do have a Stooshie as my road all-rounder (with another steelie as a more focused roadie).

I just wanted to say that mine’s still looking brilliant after 2+ years of continuous use. It’s a boring colour, chosen for durability (Stone), but it’s used almost every day and still looks amazing to me. The great thing about a bike like this is that if you get the geometry and comfort right, then it could last you much longer and therefore be better value than an off-the-peg frame.

akira

Nearly folded and went for something I could get immediately but it’ll be worth the wait. Haven’t seen a bad review of any Shand so looking forward to it. Two months to sort out build now.

akira

null
    Ah meant to put pics up here, rode once then in lock down for 12 weeks. Black and orange Hope RX4s waiting to go on and shifter ans crank upgrade imminent although can’t decide between ultegra/Dura ace/grx.

MoreCashThanDash

Very nice 👍

jkomo

That’s a lovely thing.

Ben_H

Lush.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Shand rizello disc, anyone got one.’ is closed to new replies.