Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Shand owners
  • sillyoldman

So – what does this mean for Shand?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56554590

spooky_b329

Shand use various tubing, Reynolds (UK) Columbus and Dedaccia (Italian?) so assume it won’t affect them. Do Reynolds even use British Steel?

sillyoldman

Shand are owned by Liberty.

spooky_b329

Ahhhh!

akira

Love my Rizello Disc, hopefully something can be sorted out.

sillysilly
    Free Member

MBO or prepack administration. They will be fine.

sillyoldman

Sure hope so.

Ben_H

I can only speculate as to why Shand is part of the “group” as it can’t be an enormous part of their turnover. I suspect it would de-merge / spin-off into private ownership, assuming it’s a going concern.

(Which, as a Shand Stooshie owner, I’d be happy to see).

seventy

I can only speculate as to why Shand is part of the “group”

Me too. If you find out, let me know.

sillyoldman
    seventy

Steven sold it a while back.

Sorry. It was a poor attempt at humour (clicking my username will make more sense).

NewRetroTom

<clicks seventy’s username>

Aha! Genuine LOL!

On a more serious note I hope all that work there are not too worried about their future and do at least get to keep their jobs and carry on making lovely bikes. Best case scenario this could be a good thing if they can go down the MBO route as speculated by sillysilly above.

sillyoldman

Aaaaahh!

seventy

On a more serious note I hope all that work there are not too worried about their future and do at least get to keep their jobs and carry on making lovely bikes.

I think for the moment it will be business as usual. Shand is a completely different Ltd company as Liberty (albeit with the same owner) but isn’t technically part of the group. It doesn’t require tons of cash from Liberty to exist so it’ll be a little blip somewhere on a spreadsheet at most. The guys there work their socks off so I really hope it all works out.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Shand owners’ is closed to new replies.