Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Shand Cycles bought by a mega corp
  • pigyn
    Free Member

Not just any mega corp though, this one could lead to a pretty interesting expansion of UK manufacturing. Can’t wait to see where this goes. Perhaps he wants to buy my shop 😆

BikeBiz Liberty House Shand Cycles

orangeboy
    Free Member

It could be exciting times , good uk produced stuff that’s affordable

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m guessing you haven’t been reading any of the articles about Shand and Trillion on this site. Certainly exciting news if you like UK made bikes

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m guessing you haven’t been reading any of the articles about Shand and Trillion on this site. Certainly exciting news if you like UK made bikes

Slightly different, Shand building Trillion is old news, this is Trillion’s billionaire owner buying Shand.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Yes, but the megacorp owner of Trillion was mentioned along with the potential for scottish steel tubes in the future

Rubber_Buccaneer

This is the article I’m on about

http://singletrackworld.com/2017/10/trillion-and-shand-the-future-of-british-steel/

to quote part

More details will follow shortly but the broad structure is that Trillion and Shand both sit within the Liberty Cycles Division.

Sometimes I even read the magazine 🙂

teethgrinder

There’s a magazine?

dovebiker

Is there the still the capability to produce steel tubes suitable for bikes in Scotland / UK? Similarly, is there the capacity to affordably build bike frames in the UK, or are we going to see volume production off-shored?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is there the still the capability to produce steel tubes suitable for bikes in Scotland / UK?

Reynolds do, so I can’t see any reason why a competitor couldn’t set up too. Remember it’s not just bike tubes, Reynolds are heavily involved in motorsport and probably other things too so it’s not such a small market.

Davesport

Gupta’s in the Shyte

mt
    Free Member

@davesport. Is this the same Gupta family in that BBC report?

frankconway

Gupta is a common indian surname.
    No obvious connection between Zuma’s controllers and Liberty House.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Liberty already owns Accles & Pollock in Oldbury, West Midlands, which began making steel tubes for bicycle frames over 100 years ago.

This is from the bike biz article

orangeboy
    Free Member

double post

shandcycles
    Free Member

Gupta’s in the Shyte

Yeah and Stan Smith is too :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41547471

Might want to read more than the first line in a news article @Davesport otherwise you end up looking like a right idiot.

List_of_people_with_the_name_Gupta

fatmax

I think this is really exciting for Shand, look forward to seeing them progress and I’m sure they’ll keep it all top notch stuff.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Shand Cycles bought by a mega corp’ is closed to new replies.