Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Shan no 5 – Anyone Got One?
  • timbog160

As it says really – what are they like – any good/ bad experiences?

batman11
    Free Member

Well,due to,operations I’ve only ridden my jps once 2 Sunday’s ago! And  gotta say what a machine. Grip levels are unbelievable thing just wanted to be bars down in the dirt and it still went round corners! zero fitness as stated above but climbed well for a big rig but then I’m slow as just a big old fella anyway. 6.4 on a xxl. If you take anything from this take it that my mate had 2 goes one on a nice little single track with some good roots to plow throw and a couple of nice corners and one that’s a real root/hard corner fest.

He’s 5.9, 2days later he’s demoing a med/leg for 2nights and now waiting for his new 917 rolling chassis to turn up this week. Guess are local shop D&D owe me a coffee now.

Of you can get down south for a demo do so  there a well thought out frame

jonjones262
    Free Member

Yup, took it out for the 1st time last week. It’s an amazing bike!!  Uphill, downhill everywhere, just ace!

timbog160

Well that’s good coz I ordered one last night!  917 in s/m (I’m 5’7”)…!

Cheers for feedback…

andybrad

interested to get your feedback. reviews seem mediocre at best.

leegee

Any excuse to post this.

https://vimeo.com/236885435

After seeing that and the Pinkbike review I was curious.

andybrad

the pinkbike review basically says its rubbish to me……

andytheadequate
    Free Member

@andybrad – I thought the pinkbike review said that it was good going downhill but not great going uphill?

Yetiman
    Free Member

Pinkbike’s Take
    <div class=”media-text-width”>
    <div class=”quotes quotes-icon-left”>
    <table cellspacing=”16px”>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class=”quotes-icon” valign=”top”>bigquotes</td>
    <td><span class=”quotes-small”>It’s difficult for me to not try and slot the N°5 into some sort of classification, but I think that avoiding that really is the key to understanding Production Privée’s first full-suspension bike. Sure, it could be an enduro machine or a park bike, or even a burly trail bike, but more than anything it’s an example of a small bike company doing something different. That in itself is going to appeal to some riders, and it also doesn’t hurt that the bike is a hell of a lot of fun to ride.</span></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </div>
    </div>

Yetiman
    Free Member

FFS – the post looked ok in the preview pane and now it won’t let me edit it. Anyway, seems like the bike was a lot of fun to ride which seems pretty positive to me.

andybrad

yea but it said it was a bit rubbish going uphill and not that great downhill compared to its peers.

Fun but not good was the way i read it

timbog160

Good down, not so good up – isn’t that what most reviews say these days!!!😄

This is quite a departure for me as I’m normally a mass market type, and the steel thing doesn’t mean a lot to me – I just thought I’d try something different!

andybrad

its a lovely looking bike. Going to rest a rocket before i commit though.

bungalistic
    Free Member

I’ve got a Rocket (older version) and it rides pretty mint, I would very much like to try out the newer version and also the Shan No5 too. Pinkbike reckons their test build weighed in under 32lbs which is probably what my older Rocket weighs so i’m happy with that.

Is it just D&D who sell them now? Would love to demo one.

andybrad

tried a couple of 26″ rockets.

thought it was ok but nothing special. both had “traits” like things knocking.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Shan no 5 – Anyone Got One?’ is closed to new replies.