Viewing 4 posts - 761 through 764 (of 764 total)
  • Shamima Begum – trafficked, or terrorist?
  • jonm81

She travelled on her sister’s passport to get to Syria (at fifteen, she wouldn’t have got far on her own). Would a white fifteen year have been stopped at that point? I think its likely

I think she travelled to Turkey on her sisters passport.  It is very likely a white fifteen year old travelling on their elder sisters passport would very likely be allowed to travel.

Cougar

she tries to apply to get home. the HO say to her; as you have no means of identifying yourself, we need photo and fingerprints.

Did that happen? I missed it if so. This whole story blew up in the first place because a journalist happened across her, asked “do you want to come at some point?” she replied “yes” and fury erupted in all the places you’d expect. I was unaware that she’d actually tried to return.

It is very likely a white fifteen year old travelling on their elder sisters passport would very likely be allowed to travel.

I’m inclined to agree, but this is speculation again.

nickc

Did that happen?

Paragraph 26 of Begum vs Home Office

It’s useful to read the judgement anyway, it covers (in detail) much of the misunderstandings that arise in this discussion.

Cougar

“do you want to come at some point?”

That should of course have read “do you want to come home at some point?” Not, well, yeah.

Viewing 4 posts - 761 through 764 (of 764 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM