Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Shamanic Dumbstruck Weekender CC course how hard should I make it?
  • TonyL
    Free Member

I was out looking at possible routes for the weekender xc course earlier but could not decide how hard to make it. What would people like technical and rocky or fast and flowing? Do I keep the decent through the trees in followed by the grind back up the hill or keep everyone up top? black options that are shorter red which take longer but are kinder on the tyres? What would you like to see?

Junkyard
    Free Member

keep everyone up top as it will be a bit harsh on weekend warriors to do that – actually how many laps?

Simon

I’d be happy to stay up top I **** hate that climb in a race situation 😆

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Surely it isn’t an XC course unless it has a decent amount of climbing 😉

Might as well call it the STW Downhill Weekender as it would favour the heavy bike downhill and push up brigade too much without the Tramway..?

YMMV

Good luck!!

Paul

cp

It needs the climb. And the descent all the way through the trees. And a bit of both tech and rocky AND fast and flowy.

Hopefully I’ll be able to do it 🙂

ndg
    Free Member

How long (time or mileage wise) is the XC race?

Simon

Nick Craig’s winning time last year was around 46mins.
    My time was 1hr 15m

Can’t remember the distance but there were 3 laps.

simonm
    Free Member

Three laps or was it two !

Year before last had a good mix of up and down and you didnt have to be an XC whippet to enjoy it. Last year was with that decent through the trees in followed by the grind back up the hill just took any fun out of the XC…. and I always though the idea of the weekender was that anyone could join in and have fun, as well as race.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Shamanic Dumbstruck Weekender CC course how hard should I make it?’ is closed to new replies.