Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Shall we do…….Rapha Sunglasses
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

i had read they were doing sunglasses, but fashion based,

THE RAPHA CLASSIC SUNGLASSES

Introducing the Rapha Classic Sunglasses, the perfect blend of elegant style and uncompromising on-bike performance.Handmade in Italy and designed with a less overtly ‘sporting’ aesthetic, the Classic Sunglasses are versatile enough for training and social rides, as well as time off the bike. Offering a similar weight and field of vision as the more technical-looking styles found in the pro peloton, the glasses have a wraparound shape inspired by the history of bike-racing eyewear. This shape also aids airflow, ensuring the lenses won’t mist up and that the glasses can be worn with all helmet types. The frame is made of a lightweight acetate, a cotton-based material manufactured, by hand, by Mazzucchelli of Italy. Rubber-tipped nose pads and rubber arms hold the glasses in place.

JoB
    Free Member

*gets out ‘Rapha Bingo’ card*

*licks end of pencil*

MrSmith
    Free Member

about right for decent italian made glasses with zeiss lenses.
    would buy a pair but i’m currently wearing carrera 80’s sex-tourist ones for road riding which do me fine.

chakaping
    Free Member

I do like my Rapha garments but…

vinnyeh

I like my (sale priced) Rapha as well, but like chakaping says…

“The frame is made of a lightweight acetate, a cotton-based material manufactured, by hand, “

handmade acetate???

dragon
    Free Member

Pah why not just wear Ray-Bans and save the money?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Jesus, Diedre Barlow’s only been dead a week and they’re flogging off her specs already?

#norespect

hatter

*Awaits post declaring that £1.99 safety specs are all you should ever need and that anyone wearing anything else is an extravagant ponce and has been brainwashed personally by ‘The Industry’ to the point that they’re brushing their teeth with Rapha Chamois cream*

beanum

From that photo it looks like there’s a lot of lens below the eye, but he is looking through the top of the frame almost…

I had a pair of Adidas Evil Eyes which you could tilt up when riding the bike, I really miss that on my cheapo replacements.

tang
    Free Member

They must have been designed with input from Chris Froome.

hatter

They must have been designed with input from Chris Froome.

Do they have a small, downwards-pointing mirror inside them so that he can always keep an eye on his stem?

chakaping
    Free Member

Jesus, Diedre Barlow’s only been dead a week and they’re flogging off her specs already?

#norespect

😆

I hope they see this thread now.

Gary_M
    Free Member

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

…Not a bad looking woman in her day.

too soon?

warns74
    Free Member

Should’ve gone to……

will
    Free Member

I like them. I’d buy them.

binners

Feel like your Oakleys are a bit …. you know … cheap?

Does your massive insecurity dictate that you really need something a bit more befitting of your status, to demonstrate to the world for all to see, your perceived superirity?

Well allow us to introduce these. No…. we didn’t think we’d get away with it either. They’re a couple of bits of plastic held together with a couple of screws, aftr all

But you can’t put a price on you showing everyone who used to bully you at school who the real winner is eh?

Go on…. put those nagging, empty thoughts of self-loathing and worthlessness to the back of your mind and hit BUY.

They won’t laugh at you any more in these babies

Oh…. actually…..

geetee1972
    Free Member

Binners haven’t you just described 90% of sunglasses brands?

dragon
    Free Member

Well most sunglasses brands are owned between them by only 2 companies, both Italian. Hence they can keep the prices artificially high for what is only plastic and some metal.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Nice to see Bez modelling them.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I like em’, I just bought 2 pairs the tortoise shell and the grey with pink lenses.

I really do have to show those Bullies whosedabossnow don’t I..

8)

TBF the price of just under £200 is on par or less than RayBan and Persol and yadda yadda yaddaaaaaaaaa…

But you knew that, you thought you’d just have a pop, cos’ you is trendie n stuff and like pointing fingers and sniggering whilst your inner chimp shouts loudly “oh boy, they’re nice, you can’t afford them, you are a looser and don’t work hard eough to afford them, you are not worth it, don’t work too hard, don’t save up for them, go buy fagz insead, no one cares about you, everyone thinks you’re a looser and they’re right aren’t they? oh yeah, you are a work shy looooooooozzzzzeeerrrr”

Or summatlike.

😀

DezB
    Free Member

I have nothing to add. Except

thegiantbiker
    Free Member
    Teetosugars
    Free Member

servo
    Free Member

I’m hoping to win the ITV tour de france compo this week.
    Prize is a Rapha cycling holiday.
    I will make sure I will be wearing my Sunday best Lidl cycling kit every day 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

Pah why not just wear Ray-Bans and save the money?

Ask Hinault 🙂

Sui
    Free Member

who the **** pays £200 for non prescription sunnies? I paid £90 for some Oakley’s over a year ago, i still feel conned and stupid for doing it, they’ve got good lenses, but that’s it, plenty of other brands do better for the same or cheaper -smith and dragon optics are good.

That whole advert makes me feel like i’ve seen an orange tanned estate agent – violently ill and i need a shower..

dragon
    Free Member

Tis but a scratch. Who cares when you looked this cool in the 80’s. Compare how Hinault looks here versus the idiot in the Oakleys 😆

parkesie
    Free Member

Abit

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ali G v Elton John collaboration.

Oh and 🙂 @binners

bikebouy
    Free Member

Woooowzers L

L
    L
    L

LL
    LL
    LLLL
    L
    LL

L
    L
    L
    L
    L
    LL
    LL
    LL
    LLL
    LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

😆

nickc

Compare how Hinault looks here versus the idiot in the Oakleys

regardless of looks, at least the idiot in the Oakleys isn’t a massive arsehole

stumpy01

I can’t help but think that the lenses are the wrong way up….?

When on the bike, I tend to look through the upper half of the lenses as my head is tilted downwards, rather than horizontal.

They should have been more like Dennis Taylor glasses, than Deidre Barlow – would have been more effective.

Like this:

bikebouy
    Free Member

😆
    8)

tang
    Free Member

Those are actually the specs you need road riding! Which reminds me I must order some more contacts.

Sundayjumper

Surely they’re missing a trick with free postage. If they could provide Rapha postage, there’s an extra £40 on every sale 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Would the postman look moodily into the distance while delivering your parcel?

StefMcDef
    Free Member

double vision. disregard.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Nana nana,
    Rapha rapha,
    hey, hey,
    195 😯

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

I love Rapha parcels, my last one was all black but for the address label and had been sealed with ‘Kings Of Pain’ hallmark tape. Those glasses are a bit grim although I’ll withhold final judgement until I see them in real life.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Shall we do…….Rapha Sunglasses’ is closed to new replies.