Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • SF content – Foundation
  • tjagain

Foundation is very dated now – not Asimovs best work IMO – he wrote it when young – then went on to write loads of sequels that are IMO really poor

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I really enjoy the TV series as does my gf who hasn’t read the books

vinnyeh

What tj says- I read the first trilogy in the 70’s and it seemed dated even then, like much of Asimovs work, but more than that it’s really clunkily written, even by the standards of the day.

This bears little resemblance I think- it’s nothing more than a few names and an idea to create the framework for what the producers hope will become another GoT.

It bears as much resemblance (probably less I imagine) to the book as I, Robot film did to the stories.

dudeofdoom

I’m enjoying it, read it years ago but can’t remember the plot but it’s pleasant viewing.

Now if they could get could get on and do the stainless steel rat 🙂

footflaps

Just started the TV series, watched two episodes.

Really enjoying it (so far)….

I remember the basic plot, but none of the details so no idea if any of the charcters (other than Harry Seldon) were in the books.

prettygreenparrot

Watched the TV series. Slow. Pompous.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I enjoyed Foundation more than the Expanse, but For All Mankind knocked both into a cocked hat for me.

thols2

Watched the TV series. Slow. Pompous.

This.

piemonster

I was quite into this until today.

The episode I watched required a series of both improbable and stupid events to occur for bad things to happen. A bit like a superhero movie in reverse.

Oh, you want me to take the baddie to the one place said baddie really really wants to get to. Okey-dokey we’re right on it.

Does that happen a lot?

footflaps

Just finished it yesterday. Really enjoyed it all bar the last episode which seemed a bit duff.

Any news on the next series?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘SF content – Foundation’ is closed to new replies.