Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sexual Harrassment in the Extended work place.
  • richpips
    Free Member

A mate of mine is having some issues with a contractor that her company deals with. Nothing that the contractor could be arrested for, yet comments texts and phone calls that make her feel uncomfortable.

I’ve told her to speak to her line manager about the situation, and hopefully the manager will ensure she will need no further professional contact with the contractor.

Advice other than weeing in the shoes please.

Ta Rich

sharki
    Free Member

She should tell the person herself, he may not be aware that his actions are upsetting, she just needs to let him know and if it continues then she’ll be forced to notify someone higher.

She should also make a log of when and what is said, in case it continues but warning from her is the first thing to do, that way it doesn’t put unnecessary tension in the work place.

sofatester
    Free Member

If you can’t take a joke you shouldn’t join up 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    simonfbarnes
    Free Member

If you can’t take a joke you shouldn’t join up

…and women should be barefoot and in the kitchen?

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

I agree with sharki, she should tell the person. I dealt with a solicitor when we moved house who was unbelievably rude (rude as in no manners, not in a sexual way). After the 3rd phonecall I had enough and told him that it was unacceptable. He was mortified. He had no idea that people found his manners rude. He was very polite and even quite friendly afterwards.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

He was very polite and even quite friendly afterwards.

it’s never worked with me…

thehustler
    Free Member

Actually she should speatk to her HR dept about this all employers now have a duty of care to protect their staff from any kind of harassment form all staff AND customers/contractors so are duty bound to sort it.

bigyinn
    Free Member

SFB
    it’s never worked with me…

Odd that!

jon1973
    Free Member

Actually she should speatk to her HR dept about this all employers now have a duty of care to protect their staff from any kind of harassment form all staff AND customers/contractors so are duty bound to sort it.

I’d say talk to him first rather than involving HR. He may just not realise he’s making her feel uncomfortable, a quiet word may resolve everything. No point in bring out the big guns so soon.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

HR dept’s are useless. FACT

project
    Free Member

A quiet word to the person responsible, should do the trick, with a warning he may loose his job.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sexual Harrassment in the Extended work place.’ is closed to new replies.