Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Severe weather warning
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

It’s going to be 44c in Perth WA tomorrow. Just thought I’d warn everyone.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

It’s sunny in London today. To be honest, it’s freaked us out a bit

onandon
    Free Member

A nice 13c here in Geneva today 🙂

sunnrider
    Free Member

16c and sunny here in San Sebastian.

postierich
    Free Member

enjoy 44c quite happy with the anti ageing weather we have in blighty 🙂

zippykona

So if you take an ice cube and throw it in the air does it boil before it hits the ground?

lucien

It’s 28 deg, sunny, with dusty trails inside my head…..

aphex_2k
    Free Member

rich – 44c doesn’t really age you when you’re indoors with the widows shut, the air con on and a beer. I tried to take the dog out at 10am but it was 36, dry and no wind. kinda knocks the puff out of you. Dog wasn’t to impressed either.

perthmtb
    Free Member

It’s going to be 44c in Perth WA tomorrow. Just thought I’d warn everyone.

And “extreme” bushfire conditions in the national parks, so a lot of the MTB trails are closed!

The tin shed I keep my bikes in gets above 55C on days like this, and the oil in the brakes expands, blowing the piston seals. Same conditions inside the guineapig’s hutch and not dissimilar process with their body fluids…!

So, me, the bikes, and the guineapigs are all hunkered down inside in the aircon for the day 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Averaged 29c on the ride today – warm weather training for me in case summer appears on the west coast of Tassie at the end of the month, missus got 31 average on hers this morning….

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Can already see a bushfire (well smoke from said bushfire somewhere between Freo and the city).

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Bushfire ADVICE for Jolimont in the City of Subiaco
    Saturday 11 January 2014 – 1:05 PM
    ALERT LEVEL:
    A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in Jolimont in the City of Subiaco.
    • There is no threat to lives or homes but there is a lot of smoke in the area.
    • Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
    • The fire started between Selby Street and Underwood Avenue and is burning towards the University of Western Australia (UWA) Research Park.

BUSHFIRE BEHAVIOUR:
    • The bushfire is moving fast in a north western direction.
    • It is out of control and unpredictable.

neilco
    Free Member

…just as my job hunt in Perth takes a turn for the better… I’m sorted, just need to see what possibilities for the wife are and how that benefits the finances.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Sitting in bed contemplating a cold damp road ride!

paladin

2 degrees in Glenlivet today, don’t think I’ll need to worry about bushfires…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So, me, the bikes, and the guineapigs are all hunkered down inside in the aircon for the day

Why would you want to live like that? It sounds horrible.
    Seriously.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

So, me, the bikes, and the guineapigs are all hunkered down inside in the aircon for the day

Seriously.[/quote]

About the same as hiding inside and stoking the fire all day and night. It’s not like it’s everyday

zippykona

It always pissed me off when rides were cancelled due to rain in Byron Bay.
    It was all because of lightning rather than just rain.
    Never found out if it was a real problem or just a good excuse.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah it’s just one of those days that it’s too hot to do anything. Generally anything from 30-35 is do-able but above 35 it’s icky.

Off to sunset markets at Bather’s Beach in Freo later for a mosy around, some grub and a pint or two at Little Creatures.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwUXCSEWVvw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

scotroutes

Snowing in Aviemore at the moment

bikebouy
    Free Member

7C and sunny in that Lonjon, considering the colossal rain and wind we’ve had recently I think it feels like summer 😀

perthmtb
    Free Member

Seriously.

🙄 no, seriously!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Bloody hell. At least 44 homes lost, 1 dead and heaps of wildlife in yesterdays fire. Worst fires for a couple of years. Early reports are saying it was caused by a power pole fire initially which was on private land. Sad day.

piemonster

And there was me whinging about my winter gloves not being warm enough after a braw day in the Highlands.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

9pm and 25c still taking a bit of getting used to…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Severe weather warning’ is closed to new replies.